Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defeats you couldn't give LESS of a shit about

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Can I admit I secretly enjoyed the game tonight ?

One in the face for the smug I am a bigger fan than you I bought a ticket for Norwich because "I wanted to be there" and have even got my fancy dress for Villa brigade who think they are oh so better than everyone else even though I am filling the till of another club and....

Ok I give up - another televised party next week and lets pray Newcastle don't **** up and make us Champions "by proxy".

Come on - tonight was a ****ing GREAT result.

We won't get the chance to go mental at the Amex twice a season in a situation like this.

#together

( Jesus - I can't believe I posted a hashtag )

Yeah. Bloody away support: smug wankers the lot of them. That will learn them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Drama queen.

It wasn't an "utterly inept" performance. It was one of those where we weren't at our best (primarily due to resting our besties), but ended up losing to two FREAK goals, and had a cast-iron pen ignored by yet ANOTHER comic masquerading as a FL referee. By all means don your sackcloth or burkha for the next week or whatever and walk around wailing and tearing at your eye sockets. But I for one cannot WAIT for Saturday when we wrap this sucker up properly, in front of 28,000 of our own fans.

This. Bit below par, bit unlucky, but no big deal as will be sweeter to win it at home.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Any number of friendly games where the focus is on fitness and team building.

Any competitive game lost means something and should hurt. Yes we are up but we could have won the title today. It also means we are no longer able to break the 100 points barrier. We've lost to a team who had zero shots on target. We are now on a winless run and certainly don't want back to back defeats.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You can forgive them that performance however I think it is important over the next 2 games to finish in style win the title and set the tone for next season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apart from it did mean something. We threw away one chance to win the whole football league with an utterly inept performance.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Inept?

Norwich didn't have a shot on target.

We weren't great, but it was an enjoyable day out and if we sign Pritchard over the summer, the partnership between him and Stockdale will keep us up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No offence mate but you didn't shell out a load of money to go to Carrow Rd and watch it. Easy to say you couldn't careless laying on your couch in front of the tv.

Having shelled out a load of money to go to Carrow Road, stayed overnight as no trains back to Manchester, arrived at Norwich station this morning to find I've lost my rail ticket home, I'm still in the couldn't give a shit camp.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Spot on. It was an inevitable defeat with all that's went on in the past week, plus I think some are overlooking how much effort the players put in, in the past few games. When we rest Stephens, you know that CH felt the same way.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was inept. It ranks as one of the worst all season. I don't think being complacent and assuming we will win it at home is the thing to do either! Bristol city won't roll over for us. This league is hard work, as we should all know by now. We need to be at our best to win.

There have been a few inept away performances this season. That wasn't one of them.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
perfect timing to play like that . glad it wasn't Monday

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
It was inept. It ranks as one of the worst all season. I don't think being complacent and assuming we will win it at home is the thing to do either! Bristol city won't roll over for us. This league is hard work, as we should all know by now. We need to be at our best to win.

This is a group of players that for two seasons have been giving everything to reach the premier league, a goal they obtained on Monday. The outpouring of emotion was there for all to see and the release of tension must have been massive. I for one can't get too worked up if a few days later they can't quite reach the levels of the previous two years.
You would expect by Bristol city at home that the focus will be back and I fully expect the win to seal it. I'm not going to get to work up about last night.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would go as far as to say we played better yesterday than the 5 minute Fulham away performance. Norwich had zero shots on target.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I rather enjoyed it on telly, I always assumed we'd lose so I just thoroughly enjoyed all the songs and complete wall of noise from the albion end.

Now I just cross my fingers for Bristol tickets next week

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
:drink::rave::whisky: = Norwich 2 Brighton 0 Couldn't give a flying fig really! Lets win this thing next Saturday evening and have another party!

:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I honestly think this is up there.

I was at Shrewsbury in 2001 on the final day, after we'd just won L2 by a STREET. And was delighted to be standing directly next to DK and MP on the terrace as Shrewsbury's 3rd goal flew in, to join in with the chants of "SACK THE BOARD". I've been at any number of dead rubbers that I have entirely forgotten about. But even though we still have something to play for this time, I half expected to get turned over. And as I sat there watching the game, I realised it mattered to me about as much as it mattered what my neighbours rabbit had for breakfast.
(Broccoli)

We'll wrap this up on Saturday, and tonight will be consigned to the same memory bank oblivion as the winner of Pop Idol Season 2, and the pin number on your 4th bike lock.

Could you please,at your earliest convenience,tell your neighbour not to give the rabbit broccoli,it is very,very bad for their digestive system.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Knew we'd lose and had Norwich full time/half time :)
When I saw Norwood starting then I knew we'd have very little attacking intent:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here