Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pritchard

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suspect that we'll need to play five across midfield in PL, especially if we start with Knockaert and March out wide (which I think we should), so we'll need an ACM. I have Siggurdson and Cairney as first choices, but Pritchard would be the next best in terms of English players. He did deliberately clap our fans after his interview, which was decent of him given what we'd just be singing.

100%. The 5th player/no.10 will be a critical signing for me.

Alternatively I wonder whether we'll end up 4-1-4-1, and sign a proven DM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
100%. The 5th player/no.10 will be a critical signing for me.

Alternatively I wonder whether we'll end up 4-1-4-1, and sign a proven DM.

4-1-4-1 makes good sense, as Solly and AK both love to cut in off the wings. Someone like Lucas Leiva would be ideal for the DM role.

Alternatively, we play 4-5-1, move AK into the centre and sign a new winger, like Scott Sinclair from Celtic.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Alex O'Neil wouldnt be drawn on the fee they paid but did say it was well below the alleged and reported £9m.

BG - The fee was reported at £8m

Once the fee is reported ''by the club'' (and it was) Not the media, then that's the fee . That's the amount Tax and VAT is paid on by the seller and claimed as an expense by the buyer. Well not really paid on because many clubs operate at a loss but that's the amount which HMRC would be anticipating was declared on Returns.

Why would you release a larger fee as it could potentially lead to Tax Enquiries.

Alex Neil was hiding behind a ''I know and you don't attitude''. He is touting himself for a new job. He is quite a clever man academically, is Alex Neil but in terms of football manager. He is a pub team manager and not much more.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Pritchard is a very good player,IMO We would have have got promotion with him.......errrr ! hang on a minute..... we got promotion......without him ..!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He needed to turn up in the game at ours, not a dead match against a hungover team sporting our second string midfield. We can, and will, do better

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG - The fee was reported at £8m

Once the fee is reported ''by the club'' (and it was) Not the media, then that's the fee . That's the amount Tax and VAT is paid on by the seller and claimed as an expense by the buyer. Well not really paid on because many clubs operate at a loss but that's the amount which HMRC would be anticipating was declared on Returns.

Why would you release a larger fee as it could potentially lead to Tax Enquiries.

Alex Neil was hiding behind a ''I know and you don't attitude''. He is touting himself for a new job. He is quite a clever man academically, is Alex Neil but in terms of football manager. He is a pub team manager and not much more.

I was only quoting what he said in answer to the question about the fee Norwich paid. Not disputing it was widely published as £8m. Why would he say £9m as that was never mentioned.

He is a pub team manger who signed a goal keeper that no pub team would want and replaced Ruddy a keeper on the verge of England selection, well in the top 10 with him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not seeing the love for him, certainly not based on Friday night.

If he needs to be completely humiliated in order to put in an adequate performance 6 months later, it's a no from me.
That's even before ludicrous sums of money are involved.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was only quoting what he said in answer to the question about the fee Norwich paid. Not disputing it was widely published as £8m. Why would he say £9m as that was never mentioned.

Not sure BG. I didn't hear the exact words used.

Alex Neil is an opportunist. He is clever guy though. I think he has a law degree but not 100% certain on that. As a football manager he comes up ''short'' though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he was asked about the fee and his reply was certainly not anywhere near £9m. Having said that if we can sign a comparable player as good for less CH will have done well.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Didn't play today is he injured.. Be nice if we've gone back for him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ankle ligament damage at the same time Knocky got his. Except more severe in Pritchard's case, they were talking about November.

Best wait until AK is playing before making that assumption.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he makes the best of another season in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here