Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton - Premier League keeper in the making?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely needs to sign a contract extension before he goes on loan to the 'shop window'.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Think it's between Wigan and Pompey. Personally from a continuity perspective I would choose Pompey. On the up, playing in front of big(ger than Wigan) crowds and in the same division as Wigan and could technically still live at home and commute.

He's proven he can do the live out of a suitcase thing on his previous loans so just get him regular game time and closer to being ready to become our Jordan Pickford.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Portsmouth could not agree a Loan deal with BHA for Walton.
Portsmouth are negotiating to buy Luke McGee on a permanent deal from Spurs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Surely needs to sign a contract extension before he goes on loan to the 'shop window'.

Will he go on loan with enablement to be recalled in an emergency? WiIl we have three keepers?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Portsmouth could not agree a Loan deal with BHA for Walton.
Portsmouth are negotiating to buy Luke McGee on a permanent deal from Spurs.

Don't blame them. They will be bidding for a second promotion and will not like to see Walton recalled at a vital time.

Needs a loan for real match experience.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like the Pompey deal we are not doing it quickly , unsure if its about money / paying wages.

Looks to be going elsewhere

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Great news.

Am I the only one who'd prefer he went on loan to a Championship side though?

I'd rather he got games, he had a rough time at Bury, then did ok at Luton and had a strong finish to the season at Southend, if you look at pickfords development I'd say a top end league 1 team is where he should be at.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd rather he got games, he had a rough time at Bury, then did ok at Luton and had a strong finish to the season at Southend, if you look at pickfords development I'd say a top end league 1 team is where he should be at.

He did more than ok at Luton, i have acouple of mates who are season ticket holders there who said he was very good for them. Certainly a big miss when he left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here