Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazing review of County Oak pub in the Argus

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Has been and always will be a locals pub, was my regular pub after the Snipe closed down.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think the pub spy articles are nasty, spiteful and vindictive. To me they serve no purpose whatsoever. For a few cheap laughs they are potentially putting people's livelihoods at risk.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I HATE the idea of having some stuck up knobhead walk into a pub full of pissed up people he doesn't know with the sole intention of writing an article to get as many clicks as possible.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I HATE the idea of having some stuck up knobhead walk into a pub full of pissed up people he doesn't know with the sole intention of writing an article to get as many clicks as possible.

And no doubt he was wearing sandals with socks.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think the pub spy articles are nasty, spiteful and vindictive. To me they serve no purpose whatsoever. For a few cheap laughs they are potentially putting people's livelihoods at risk.

Or it would if anyone read The Argus.....

County Oak was my local in the 90's and early 00's wasn't that bad, been a long time since I've been in there though.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham

I totally agree with you. Who is this idiot to decide what makes a pub good or not ? And reviews like this can really affect people's livelihoods which just isn't fair.

As for the County Oak I've had many great evenings in there and I've always found the bar staff to be very welcoming -as well as the locals. Sure the music can be loud at times and they do allow children in until 7 but if that's not your thing then don't go there but to write a review like this is just wrong.

I'm glad this fool wont be going back as I'm sure he's someone I wouldn't want to have a beer with.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Doubt that anybody very much is influenced by an Argus review nowadays, either printed or online. Tripadvisor tells it like it is. Check out on there, say. Brighton's most consistently under-performing pub, The Park View...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...e_Park_View-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Very much this. The whole thing reeks of the worst kind of class warfare bullshit.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Spot on, Gutteral shit from a shit rag. Only buy the Argus when it's worth keeping for Promotion etc.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

I think they're more likely to get trade after a review like that...

To be fair if you're the type that would be put off by a review like that, you're probably not the type to go into a 'local' pub anyhow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here