British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Play offs because of the 3 teams that came down

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
...my expectations for tonight, when Murphy was assaulted in the box... was that the ref would be able to see what happened right in front of him. ****!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After the defeat in the play offs my immediate first thought was the possible break up of the squad and even someone coming in for CH. As the transfer window closed in August and we managed to hang on to key players and adding to the squad I began to think this was a massive statement of intent that could see us challenge for another play off place.

I honestly thought Newcastle, Norwich, Derby, Wednesday, Villa would all be to strong for us to finish top two.

How wrong was I and how happy am I to be proved wrong.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was happy to finish in the Top 6 and would have taken that at the start of the season,it seemed however after Birmingham away that we might just go on and get promoted for me.(Top 2)

Expected Villa to be the biggest threat and Derby..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Us and Burnley were head and shoulders the 2 best teams in the 2nd half of last season once we'd got over the injury crisis and signed Knockaert and Skalak. As such, I was always confident we'd be challenging for top 2 provided we kept last season's key players.

Just to show that I'm not Billy Hindsight, this is a thread from last summer:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...16-17-season&p=7458555&highlight=#post7458555

Told you so, didn't I?!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had Norwich to take top spot!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I expected Brighton to be contenders for the playoffs but that the squad wasn't strong enough to be better than that, great job by Hughton.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'd have taken 5th at the start. I knew Villa wouldn't threaten but I thought Norwich and Newcastle were definites for automatic with Derby and Wednesday not far behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here