Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what were your expectations

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My hopes were that the team would be in contention, for something, as we rolled into April.

Since fixture release day I knew we'd pass tired/nervous teams throughout the month.
Naturally I was hoping we'd scrape into second, although I was probably expecting that to actually be 6th.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Play offs initially until Knockhearts winner Vs Sheff Weds when optimism shone brightly & second place became the dream. We were always going to be champions once Ipswich disposed of Newcastle.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can remember my friend, after the semi final defeat to the Massive last season, saying to me, well that's our big chance gone, we'll finish about tenth next season, and it was hard to disagree with him.

These were exactly my thoughts. I thought the Middlesbrough game was our great chance last season; once we were The Complete And Utter Shyster 'd in that game, I thought we would miss out in the play-offs. I then thought it would be impossible to repeat what had been an unexpectedly terrific season and we would probably struggle to make the play-offs this time around.

What Chris Hughton has achieved over the last 24 months is astonishing.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Play Offs.

Maybe 2nd if the football gods had been smiling down on us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like most on here, 5th or 6th. Thought Newcastle and Norwich would walk the league and we'd be behind Derby and Wednesday too.

Thought Villa would struggle - they've done better than I expected. On the other hand, I thought Birmingham would be play-off contenders, got them the wrong way round.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was not ready for this season to start when it did. The injustice of last season really hurt. That's not to say I was upset with the team or the club, just that feeling that last year was our big chance. I was really over the moon when I saw that CH had extended his contract and we managed to keep all the players that we wanted. I started the season with hope more then expectation of a top six finish. But as the season got going and saw the players even more determined and together then they were before, I started to believe it could be our year. What this group of players have achieved after what must have been utter gut wrenching pain and disappointment has been ducking amazing.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Play-offs and an inevitable collapse in the play-off semi final. Over the moon to have been proved wrong.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
At the beginning of the season, it was play-offs at best for me (especially after the 2-0 defeat to Brentford)

But after we wonderfully coasted through a run of difficult fixtures (both Fulham and Massive games, Birmingham away, and mauling Norwich at home), I finally believed that we are definitely worthy of being champions (even during our slight wobble)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'm not going to lie, I felt utterly defeated, that the c**t who's name changes to a respectable "shyster" when written had ripped the heart and soul out of my club, my team, and to recover from that travesty would not be possible, but I was completely wrong these guys are supermen. They have taken the depression of defeat to the highest of highs. They saw what he did and said f**k him and look at us now Mike F**king Dean

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Expected play offs again - hoped we could make Wembley this time !! I'm over it !!

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
At the start of the season I expected us to be challenging for a top 2 spot, but thought we'd miss out to Newcastle and Norwich, realise that a few weeks before the end of the season and rest players for the play offs.

From Christmas I thought we'd do it.

But I didn't expect us to do it this quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here