Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
1b40e4caa908cf157a486473cd8c9056.jpg

My expectations for the season in August last year
Never in doubt !!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
An expectation of getting somewhere between 5th and 8th and if it was a play-off position, losing out once again in the semi-finals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never expected the astounding levels of team spirit and bonding with the fans to take us so massively far this season, to be honest. It's something the likes of Newcastle can't ever buy. Priceless!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I expected Playoffs at best. And if someone had offered me them in August, I'd have had their hand off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Straight after the Sheff Weds game? Top 10.

Once I knew we'd held on to Knocky, Dunk, Stephens etc? Top 4.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I absolutely cannot remember what my expectations were. If I remember my thoughts were strong league. Newcastle, Villa, Norwich and Derby being at the forefront and if we could keep on the heels of those four it would be play offs for us. I believe they were more or less my expectations but to be honest they may not have been, I just don't remember any more!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought we would make the play-offs again, but didn't really harbor any thoughts of automatic. Thought Toon, Villa and Norwich would all be too strong.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Given Chris Hughton's experience, looking at the opposition and as long as there were no injuries, expected a playoff place at least.

Knockaert and Stockdale have had breakout seasons which has improved the situation significantly at both ends of the pitch.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
After last season's near miss, I feared the break-up of the squad. When that didn't happen, and we added some quality additions I thought we might possibly challenge for play-offs again, but thought the following would be ahead of us: Toon, Norwich, Derby, Wolves, Forest, maybe even Wednesday :)lolol:) so we'd have our work cut out.

Had a feeling Villa would struggle.

How we've eclipsed the lot (so far) has been nothing sort of awesome :albion:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never expected the astounding levels of team spirit and bonding with the fans to take us so massively far this season, to be honest. It's something the likes of Newcastle can't ever buy. Priceless!

Priceless it most certainly is. Without that team spirit and togetherness we would be nowhere.

Can remember my friend, after the semi final defeat to the Massive last season, saying to me, well that's our big chance gone, we'll finish about tenth next season, and it was hard to disagree with him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Honestly, I probably saw a Oscar Garcia type season again, where we just about drag ourselves into the play-offs, but then get utterly found out in the SF.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought it would hit us hard and we'd be fighting down the bottom.. have we actually ever been out of the top 6 this season?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here