Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could change one thing about the Amex?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. By a factor of however many you care to name. All the great and good things about the Amex lifted up and plonked down on the site of the Goldstone, or even Withdean, would be just about PERFICK.

Well perhaps we could have had it at Withdean, if the then owners of the Sportsman had agreed to sell. It wouldn't have been quite the same size of course, and Tony may not have been quite ready to splash the cash for it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
I'm giving the same response as when this question was last asked:

- Coke Zero to be made available in the Mayo Wynne Baxter lounge please Paul / Sodexo

#firstworldproblems

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well perhaps we could have had it at Withdean, if the then owners of the Sportsman had agreed to sell. It wouldn't have been quite the same size of course, and Tony may not have been quite ready to splash the cash for it.

I'm pretty sure the owners of The Sportsman would have sold up in two shakes of a lamb's tail if TB had thrown a comparatively trivial amount of money at them . But expanding Wthdean was always a non-starter sadly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm pretty sure the owners of The Sportsman would have sold up in two shakes of a lamb's tail if TB had thrown a comparatively trivial amount of money at them . But expanding Wthdean was always a non-starter sadly.

Yep, planning permission would never have been forthcoming.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A retooled A27 junction to make the park and rides move smoother in and out.

That junction is awful when coming from Brighton. So in need of changing to deal with greater capacity.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What happened to the bus & train info which used to be shown on screen?

Some 'bus stop' type tip up seats on the wider concourses for us poor old souls who cannot stand for ages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see it might be problematic but the cameras wouldn't be pointing directly into the sun. Is this the reason why the camera's are in the West or why you think they are not in the East?

They are in the West for a. height / perspective and b. orientation in regards to the sun. If you've ever watched a game from the East Stand on a sunny winter /Spring day, you'd understand completely.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I like to listen to JC and Warren's build up and commentary during the game so it would be good to have a strong signal in all areas of the ground including the concourse in the queue for refreshments where there is no signal at all.

It's handy if there is an incident or a controversial decision to hear what has actually happened, and I like their overview of the game as it happens and half and full time analysis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here