Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 60th Birthday Nigel ' Bushfire ' Erskine

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Happy Birthday to a great Albion supporter . Sadly has suffered from ill health over the past 5 years rendering him initially care home then housebound having suffered a stroke . Through friends including Ian Hart and Sid Seacombe he has some years back be able to see the Amex but his circumstances have not allowed further visits . I went to visit him recently and his room is a shrine to BHA . He has Sky so has been able to watch televised games and highlights or listened to the radio . I understand John Keeley has also been kind to him as they have been friends for years .' Little Nige ' was a very recognisable fan to the pre Amex era fans . Some of his away day antics legendary . So Happy Birthday old friend who was always Alex Dawson when we played footy in Victoria Park Worthing as kids . A special guy and fan .

Attachments

• asset (3).jpg
    asset (3).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 680

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Happy Birthday to a great Albion supporter . Sadly has suffered from ill health over the past 5 years rendering him initially care home then housebound having suffered a stroke . Through friends including Ian Hart and Sid Seacombe he has some years back be able to see the Amex but his circumstances have not allowed further visits . I went to visit him recently and his room is a shrine to BHA . He has Sky so has been able to watch televised games and highlights or listened to the radio . I understand John Keeley has also been kind to him as they have been friends for years .' Little Nige ' was a very recognisable fan to the pre Amex era fans . Some of his away day antics legendary . So Happy Birthday old friend who was always Alex Dawson when we played footy in Victoria Park Worthing as kids . A special guy and fan .

I wondered where Nige was nowadays. I'll never forget his "Klinsman Dive" in front of the North Stand before a game, when he slid headlong across the turf and out of his rather large shorts. Happy Birthday and wishing you well Nige. You are a Fan Legend.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I wondered where Nige was nowadays. I'll never forget his "Klinsman Dive" in front of the North Stand before a game, when he slid headlong across the turf and out of his rather large shorts. Happy Birthday and wishing you well Nige. You are a Fan Legend.

I don't know Nigel but that image of him kneeling on his shorts trying to pull them up with all on show in front of the North Stand is seared in to my memory.

Happy Birthday!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Beautiful words Cliff, 5 months early though, Nigel Bushfire Enoch Erskine arrived on 21st September 1957.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Happy birthday Nigel! Still remember the first time we met at Butlins when we were kids. I thought you were younger though!

EDIT: I knew you were in the year below me. Thanks Ian.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Beautiful words Cliff, 5 months early though, Nigel Bushfire Enoch Erskine arrived on 21st September 1957.

Happy birthday Nigel! Still remember the first time we met at Butlins when we were kids. I thought you were younger though!

EDIT: I knew you were in the year below me. Thanks Ian.

So is it his 60th or not?

good ol Nige, one of the "faces" from an era where "what train are we getting? was the one that got there in good time "where we drinking? Was the pub you saw some Albion fans having a fag outside. No approval was needed for a new song, you just sung it and if it was any good people just joined in, and as for "when are the fixtures out?" It was when the Argus printed them (or told you briefly what they were with the promise of a 'full list tomorrow')

Happy Birthday Nigel (whenever it may be)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Never forget the slide , was he maskot that day? ��

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So is it his 60th or not?

TBH I don't know the date of his birthday, but I know he's younger than me and I'm 60 in June. I knew he was in the school year below me, but I thought perhaps they might have kept him back because he's tiny!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Never met the man but remember this like it was yesterday and know he is a club legend! So happy Birthday Nige, have a great day!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seem to recall him with a megaphone in the stands at Hereford on "that day" berating archer, etc. Can anyone confirm I didn't dream this please?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Happy Birthday" Green Nigel" as us Littlehampton lads called you from Tiswas days
We all used to meet up in The Lennox in Worthing before heading over to the games at The Goldstone

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Assuming this is his birthday, he is 4 days older than me. I remember seeing Nigel at the Goldstone and Away games (Not to talk to). I wish him all the best on his birthday (Whenever it is).

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
good ol Nige, one of the "faces" from an era where "what train are we getting? was the one that got there in good time "where we drinking? Was the pub you saw some Albion fans having a fag outside. No approval was needed for a new song, you just sung it and if it was any good people just joined in, and as for "when are the fixtures out?" It was when the Argus printed them (or told you briefly what they were with the promise of a 'full list tomorrow')

Happy Birthday Nigel (whenever it may be)

Don't know him, but definitely reckonize him ..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHENEVER!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here