Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasion - The Sequel

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another pitch invasion against Bristol wouldn't be so spontaneous. There maybe a small one but I can't see there being a full on repeat.

Who knows though ? All day Saturday drinking might influence matters.

The 1st one was spontaneous?

I suppose the more you say it the more some people will believe it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Monday was for the fans, we got what we wanted and celebrated in style, from the concourse before the match to the bottom of West street after, every second was brilliant.

If we win the championship tonight or Saturday, it's for TB, CH and the players. We should respect that, stay off the pitch, and enjoy them parading the silverware.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We've had our pitch invasion. And it was great.

There is no need for another. Not tonight- and especially not if we win the league at home.

I want to see the trophy awarded and paraded around the pitch.

Agree 100%. Nothing could possibly beat Monday. Let's see the trophy (hopefully) paraded around the perimeter and the players can enjoy the moment with their families.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Monday was for the fans, we got what we wanted and celebrated in style, from the concourse before the match to the bottom of West street after every second was brilliant.

If we win the championship tonight or Saturday, it's for TB, CH and the players. We should respect that, stay off the pitch, and enjoy them parading the silverware.

very much this

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tonight - no, we shouldn't.

Bristol - I hope not, but there probably will be. I'd love there to be no early leavers, and everyone to be stood up as the trophy is first presented, and then paraded around the pitch by the whole squad and their families etc in true end of season style. Some will insist on running on though - just hope they clear off quickly. Some people (ahem, cough) were apparently still on the pitch at 8pm on Monday FFS.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My view has been shown previously on here but I would rather the trophy be presented after the Bristol game taking into account that they are not yet clear of relegation and that supporters should respect this and stay off of the pitch to allow it to happen. The trophy can then be taken around the pitch by the players for all to see. A pitch invasion should mean the stopping of the presentation and it just be handed over in the offices. That threat should be enough incentive to keep people off of the pitch.

As regards tonight's game most definitely not a pitch invasion.

Yep the only pitch invasion should be for the players and their families with cup in hand.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I do not plan to run on the pitch,however I don't think you could say Mondays was spontaneous. It was widely talked about on here and other social media sites before Mondays game. Hardly spontaneous. I also think that those who ran onto the pitch, should not now lecture other fans in what they can and can't do.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I won't be entering the field of play either tonight or v Brizzle. I feel the Club might be less tolerant second time around, but one thing I do feel certain of is that many have got it out of their system and participants for Round 2 will be sparser.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We have already had TWO pitch invasions...

My guess is that people will go on again after the Bristol game but not in big numbers and the family parade thing (hopefully plus trophy) will happen with everyone in the stands - apart from those that have left on 80mins to beat the queue for P&R....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
My view has been shown previously on here but I would rather the trophy be presented after the Bristol game taking into account that they are not yet clear of relegation

As regards tonight's game most definitely not a pitch invasion.

Wigan were not clear of relegation, so what's Bristol city's relegation problems got to do with us

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No thanks. Why ruin any chance of seeing us lift the trophy?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, I think a lot on the pitch hadn't planned to go on when they entered the stadium but events took over.

Agreed.

We went fully intending to abide by the club's request to stay off the pitch. Even when the first wave of fans ran on and mobbed the players, we stood and cheered and clapped, but stayed in the stand.

We waited a few minutes to see if the pitch would clear, and the players come back out - and then they all started appearing in the press box addressing the crowd, which we took as an invitation to go on - this is how they'd chosen it to pan out. So on we went, and had a lovely time.

We won't be going back on next time though. I hope no-one does.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Agreed.

We went fully intending to abide by the club's request to stay off the pitch. Even when the first wave of fans ran on and mobbed the players, we stood and cheered and clapped, but stayed in the stand.

We waited a few minutes to see if the pitch would clear, and the players come back out - and then they all started appearing in the press box addressing the crowd, which we took as an invitation to go on - this is how they'd chosen it to pan out. So on we went, and had a lovely time.

This

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed.

This to...although I did still stay in the stand ...too busy filming it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed.

Absolutely what we did.........

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Norwich
I'd like to know exactly how the fans will break through what I bet will be a 5 deep cordon around us. And 5 James Cordons are big.
Brizzle
I got on the pitch from the back row of the East Upper. I had every intention of doing so and did. I hope that common sense now kicks in and we all stay in the seats for the presentation and parade around the pitch. Remember the Sky cameras are at this one and we want the world (well Newcastle, Palace & Boro at least) to see us presented LIVE with the trophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here