Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasion - The Sequel

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The wigan pitch invasion was definitely spontanious, if it happened again at Bristol it would be a bit unfair on the players and family who would probably like to parade around the pitch with the trophy they won.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Monday was spontaneous for me until i got to the side of the pitch, saw how high the wall was and, with my dodgy knees, had to get a steward to pass me a step to get over :blush:

My son hasn't let me forget it since :)

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Let's do a Dunk and invade in just our pants and shin pads! :D

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
it was an explosion of emotion that carried people onto the pitch.

That is mostly sunk / sinking in now. We also know we are pretty much likely to win it.

Any invasion is forced.

Forced = shite

Stay in your seats , celebrate watching the players / in the concourses and mostly in the pubs

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I cannot belive their will not be a massive pitch invasion (esp once people have been drinking) if we win the league, emotions will take over.

Knockaert will just drag the players out again into the press box with the trophy and the team will then body surf around the ground, down to the train station and then around the town.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Monday was a (fully justified) outburst of passion and enthusiasm, joy and relief, and was a credit to all (even to PB in his comments after the event!). Great; it was done, and was a wonderful moment. Now is he time to show that Brighton fans also do dignity and respect.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes, I think a lot on the pitch hadn't planned to go on when they entered the stadium but events took over.

What was it 83 pages or more on NSC about the pitch invasion pre game with those saying there shouldn't be one being classed as killjoys.

Believe what you want but I firmly believe that those that ran on at the start had planned to do so.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I cannot belive their will not be a massive pitch invasion (esp once people have been drinking) if we win the league, emotions will take over.

Knockaert will just drag the players out again into the press box with the trophy and the team will then body surf around the ground, down to the train station and then around the town.

Sky will want a presentation on the pitch particularly if medals are being handed out

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
There's also the small point of all the gubbins and stuff which needs to be built on the pitch for the presentation stand.

Probably can't get done if there's thousands - or even hundreds - on the pitch.

Last Monday was for us. Next Saturday, should it happen, will be for the players.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What was it 83 pages or more on NSC about the pitch invasion pre game with those saying there shouldn't be one being classed as killjoys.

Believe what you want but I firmly believe that those that ran on at the start had planned to do so.

Totally agree, The North west corner were lined up and waiting for the final whistle. It was widely talked about on social media, nothing spontaneous about it. If fans can't celebrate this moment in history with one long party, then when can they. Plus the more people are told not to do so, the more likely they are to do it. Especially if that lecture is coming from people who went on the pitch on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Well not everyone reads NSC.

So on reflection I think it's fair to say that for some fans it was planned in advance, and for others it was spontaneous as they had no intention of going on the pitch but changed their minds.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Hang on, we haven't won the trophy yet! If we don't do so tonight, we'll just have time to squeeze in (or out) an extra little bit of nocturnal urinary leakage before next weekend, as everyone considers the possibility that there may be NO trophy presentation next Saturday!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hang on, we haven't won the trophy yet! If we don't do so tonight, we'll just have time to squeeze in (or out) an extra little bit of nocturnal urinary leakage before next weekend, as everyone considers the possibility that there may be NO trophy presentation next Saturday!

Indeed.

(unless Newcastle lose on Monday, or next Friday, or draw both...)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Well not everyone reads NSC.

So on reflection I think it's fair to say that for some fans it was planned in advance, and for others it was spontaneous as they had no intention of going on the pitch but changed their minds.

So as long as no one plans to go on the pitch, we can still do a spontaneous pitch invasion if we change our mind

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I expect the club will at some point make an announcement that the players WILL return for a presentation on the pitch (if we know whether we will finish first or second by then - there are trophies for each)/lap of honour after the final whistle ONLY if there is no pitch invasion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
10 minutes on the pitch then all the announcer has to do is tell everyone to get off for the presentation, people will listen!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here