Norwich v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Carrow Road
Date: Friday 21st April 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistants: Geoffrey Russell, Daniel Leach
Fourth official: Tim Robinson

Norwich midfielder Wes Hoolahan could feature after being rested for the Canaries' 3-1 win at Preston on Monday.

Fellow midfielder Alex Tettey is considered doubtful with a back problem, while defender Timm Klose has not yet recovered from a knee injury.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton has no new injuries or suspensions to cope with as his side seek a victory which would secure the Championship title.

Seagulls defender Shane Duffy and striker Sam Baldock remain out injured.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton:

"We've achieved what we want to achieve, and of course that has been by far the biggest thing that we wanted to achieve this season.

"But we're in the business of competition, and competition means winning as many games as you can, and the next big challenge has got to be winning it now.

"There will be a better feel for this group of players, now and in the future, if we're able to go up as champions."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]If Brighton secure the Championship title on Friday, it will be their fourth league title in 16 years, more than any other current EFL club. Manchester United are the only English club outside the EFL to have won more.
    [*=left]Norwich have lost just one of their last seven league meetings with Brighton (W5 D1), although it came in this season's reverse fixture, losing 5-0, their heaviest defeat in the Championship this term.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won just once in their last 16 league visits to Carrow Road, winning 1-0 in December 2002 thanks to a goal from Steve Sidwell (D7 L8).
    [*=left]Brighton are looking to achieve a league double over Norwich for the first time since the 1951-52 campaign - this will be their 34th league meeting since then.
    [*=left]Anthony Knockaert has scored in 13 different Championship games and never ended up on the losing side this season (W12 D1). The French winger has ended up on the losing side just once in the 28 Football League games he has scored in (W24 D3), a 2-1 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday as a Leicester player in December 2013.

BHAFC - We Are Premier League!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does anyone honestly believe we will win this one?

Our players will still be pissed
Pritchard will be bang up for it and is nailed on to score
Norwich will want revenge for the 5-0
We've got two more games to wrap up the title, if we even need them.

The only motivation I see for our players is the chance to get over 100 points.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is the first time I've opened one of these threads with zero nervousness

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
2-0 to the Champions

Our players are all pissed
Our Players are all Pisseeeeeed
How shit must you be

We could have drunk more
We could have drunk more
You stupid bast***s
We could have drunk more

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The players have had their fun. I am hopeful they'll be up to speed on the 29th for a comfortable home win. Not expecting anything tonight but we shall see! It's very pleasing this potential banana skin of a fixture is almost meaningless!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"If Brighton secure the Championship title on Friday, it will be their fourth league title in 16 years, more than any other current EFL club. Manchester United are the only English club outside the EFL to have won more."

That's astonishing!

We're win 2-0 :goal::goal:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Does anyone honestly believe we will win this one?

Our players will still be pissed
Pritchard will be bang up for it and is nailed on to score
Norwich will want revenge for the 5-0
We've got two more games to wrap up the title, if we even need them.

The only motivation I see for our players is the chance to get over 100 points.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Don't know about us getting a win, but surely Norwich have nothing to play for at this point of the season other than, as you say, a bit of revenge. A rather dull 0-0 draw I reckon.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
2-0 to the Champions

Our Players are all Pisseeeeeed
How shit must you be

We could have drunk more
We could have drunk more
You stupid bast***s
We could have drunk more

Love it ,will be singing this tonight:albion2::lolol::albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just wondering what our boys can achieve now that they have the opportunity to play without an ounce of nerves. It could be beautiful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here