Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I never knew Norwich had an airport

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are a number of charter companies operating out of Biggin Hill but even that is a reasonable coach journey to start with but no further than Southampton which has been said is our usual departure point. One of those companies is owned by David Gold I believe.

One of the strangest I thought was Spurs going to Stansted to fly to Southampton as in the time they got to Stansted they would have been around the M25 and on the M3.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's one of the worst journeys by road imaginable. Bit like driving to Devon but includes the M25.

According to pilchard though it's a journey worth an extra £15k a week.
With no regular first team football.
Playing for a basketcase, managerless club.
No promotion bonus.
Promotion triggered pay rise.
No increased public profile.

Still scoring tonight will make everything better. :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I expect the ground controllers have extra long-handled table tennis bats that have been specially adapted for six fingers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Southampton to Norwich.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Norfolk and Lincolnshire probably had the largest amount of airfields in the world (by area) at the end of WW 2 thanks to Bomber Command and the US 8th Air Force.

Norwich Airport was previously known as Horsham St Faith (there's a Sussex connection!) and was both an RAF and 8th Air Force airfield.

As has been previously stated, driving to Norwich is a complete pain (at least 4 hours on a coach) so not in the least bit surprised they are flying up there.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I think Arsenal always used to get the flight to Norwich, which obviously meant they were in the air for less time than the match itself.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
CH has probably been working his balls off trying to get them back down to earth and fired up for this game.

This. I have to admit to feeling a tad worried about tonight. I want that Championship Trophy so much now. We are the best team in this division this season, but winning it is the only way of proving it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can I call Pritchard a **** on this thread?

No you can't, and in case why do you think he is? At the time he chose to sign, they were arguably a more successful side than us, had only just come down from the Premier League, they offered him a lot more money . . .

If I were him, l would probably have made the same choice at the rtime. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, is it not?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not only does it have an airport, it has an aviation museum where they have a Vulcan, Lightning, Canberra and a few others. A few years ago i paid (I think) an extra £2 to climb into the Vulcan cockpit. It's incredible how little you can see from the pilot's seat.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As per normal they flew on a charter from Gatwick

lgwnor.png

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's incredible how little you can see from the pilot's seat.

Thought the same when I sat in a Concorde Pilot's seat a few years back, I presume it is mostly a case of flying on instruments and your heads-up display rather than 'looking out of the windows'.

Travelling at Mach 2 and not being able to see ahead is a bit of a concept! :eek:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bit slow,this Norwich internet thingy:

norwich internet.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Flybe operates a service between Exeter and Norwich. It's not a daily flight though, otherwise I'd have tried my luck at borrowing someone's ticket and flying over for the game tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here