Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
"First we have to dominate Brighton, then we dominate Sussex, then we dominate the South of England."

Anyone else read that in a Tony Montana/Al Pacino voice?

IMG_1886.JPG

D

Deleted member 2719

PB needs to start looking after the long term loyal customer/fan before he starts chasing more JCL'S.

Fat chance of that he doesn't recognise the genuine customer/fan or even a family of four.

Let's walk before we can run .............Oh where have I heard that???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wonder if he isn't really referring to building fan base abroad.

Maybe he just means ''lets just aim to finish higher than the other south east teams next year'' knowing that would more than likely secure safety in the PL. Just sort of trying to manage expectations

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Good to see we have a CEO who's ambition matches the that of the Chairman and owner.

Tony Bloom hasn't invested £300m to be second best. In fact I don't think Tony Bloom knows what being second best means. We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anything PB has said over the last 72 hours should be scratched from the record. He seemed to be trying to be more Lewis Dunk than Lewis Dunk and it feels unfair to hold either of those gents to anything they said whilst caning it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Knock down the Amex and build a bigger ground, if we want to be the biggest club in the south.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not me. I'm a considerate lover and always make sure that I spend a bit of time playing with the boobs and nibbling their ear before we get down to business. Ladies appreciate things like that.
I'm in the wrong line of work, which industry are you in?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is anyone else a bit uneasy when Paul Barber talks about wanting to 'dominate' the South of England?

In his Argus interview he says: "First we have to dominate Brighton, then we dominate Sussex, then we dominate the South of England."

Now I know it's his job to sell seats and shirts and generally market the Albion to make as successful as we can be. But do we really want to be trying to convert people who live in Portsmouth or Southampton or Gillingham territory? Remember the bitterness that some Brighton fans still have towards Charlton for trying to 'recruit' in Sussex. Wouldn't it be hypocritical of us to do the same in other areas?

Personally I think our aim should be limited to having every person in Sussex supporting Brighton. That still leaves well over 1.5 million people in our natural catchment area. Isn't that enough?

I think he's probably still drunk.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Do we dominate Brighton yet? There are still a lot of people here support other premier league teams. Isn't he talking about converting those first, then Sussex and then becoming the biggest club on the south coast.

I don't think he's talking about poaching fans, more turning armchair prem fans into Brighton supporters.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Do we dominate Brighton yet? There are still a lot of people here support other premier league teams. Isn't he talking about converting those first, then Sussex and then becoming the biggest club on the south coast.

I don't think he's talking about poaching fans, more turning armchair prem fans into Brighton supporters.

That's exactly the way I read it. We are still playing catch-up on generations lost during the Gillingham and Withdean years.

Case in point: friend of mine, originally a Chelsea fan (having lived in west London previously), bought a half season ticket last season for himself and his daughter, renewed for full season ticket this season and is now prettying much fully converted to the Albion (including several away games this season).

I bet we're seeing this in droves at the moment. The test will come, of course, when we're not doing so well ...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PB needs to start looking after the long term loyal customer/fan before he starts chasing more JCL'S.

Fat chance of that he doesn't recognise the genuine customer/fan or even a family of four.

Let's walk before we can run .............Oh where have I heard that???

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Definitely getting there. 8 years ago when my son first started playing football pretty much all the kids were wearing non Brighton team shirts. Now it's totally the opposite and tbh has been for a couple of years.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Well, if he means capturing everyone in Brighton as a fan, I'm right behind him. And if he then wants to capture everyone Sussex as a fan, still right behind him.

I'd just stop after Chichester, Hastings, Crawley etc.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This must be for merchandise only to dominate the south east as we don't have any room for the plastics at the Amex next season never mind new potential fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here