Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain 2027

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
BHA consistently top 10 of the Premiership
King William one of the most popular monarchs in UK history.
Main two parties will be the Tories and a fusion of Lib Dems and the sensible part of the Labour Party
The Police will be a Police Force again.
People will be on limited benefits unless they carry out voluntary community work.
Rate of income tax and unemployment at acceptable levels.
Hopefully the manufacturing industries in the UK will have made a welcome return.
Decent transport links, road and rail.

All in all a UK moving in the right direction.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Brighton are 12th in the Prem, with fans calling for manager Inigo Calderon's head after a lack of trophies for 7 years. Lewes district council oppose the club's plans to rebuild the north and south stands.

Former Mayor of London George Osborne has just won his first general election as prime minister of England and Wales.

An unfortunate combination of illness and accident has left King George on the throne aged 13, with his uncle Harry and step-grandmother Camilla acting as counsellors of state.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Poorer and smaller. Scotland will have buggered off and be rejoining the eu. Northern Ireland will be a semi autonomous province of Ireland.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Tory's will have basically sold us down the river to the U.S Republicans for huge personal gain. Our NHS, which is still in 2017 actually ranked the most efficient Healthcare system on the planet, will be wholly privatised and being strong armed into using potentially harmful and ultra-expensive US patented drugs and treatments, the costs being passed down to the end user meaning while we will still receive "free at the point of treatment" help, the poor and geographically disadvantaged will miss out on life saving drugs. The Tory's will see this as a bonus.

The UK will be swamped with refugees from the escalating wars around the globe, we will see the return of internment camps for those we can round up. Climate refugees are now added to the mix, fleeing rising tides and destructive weather patterns ignored by climate deniers like the Trump and Murdoch families who wield to much power.

Trump has served his US presidency but is now setting the world onto greater paths of destruction with the global alliances he made during his terms in office.

A pint is £9.40 and ciggies are £100 a pack of ten but only on the black market because they were banned entirely in 2020

Drone racing is the biggest money generating sport on the planet.

We can all fly to Mars to buy Starbucks coffee on a day trip.

The i360 is still stuck 12' off the ground.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
England will be republic after an unfortunate scandal featuring King Charles, a King Charles Spaniel and a Gherkin. Donald Trump having being impeached and losing his fortune has gone back to his Scottish roots and lives a simple life as a shepherd living in a croft. The EPL has been disbanded and replaced with the India soccer League and CH manages the Bengal Ballers who's captain is Lewis Dunk who has over 50 England caps. Travel is almost instantaneous and you can travel from England to Australia in 2hrs.
EU has been disbanded and there have a number of wars including a civil war in Turkey and riots in many major cities with IS putting up its first candidate in local elections. Fast and Furious 14 is the biggest grossing film and the IPhone 12 is virtual and the BBC has been bought by Netflix.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
BHA consistently top 10 of the Premiership
King William one of the most popular monarchs in UK history.
Main two parties will be the Tories and a fusion of Lib Dems and the sensible part of the Labour Party
The Police will be a Police Force again.
People will be on limited benefits unless they carry out voluntary community work.
Rate of income tax and unemployment at acceptable levels.
Hopefully the manufacturing industries in the UK will have made a welcome return.
Decent transport links, road and rail.

All in all a UK moving in the right direction.

Can I borrow your specs?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It's Britain, the date is 20/04/2027 exactly ten years from now.

What state is Britain in? How are BHA getting on? Who is in government? Who are we friendly with across the globe? Has North Korea reduced us to dust? What are your hopes and dreams for the next decade?

Astonish me.

You will be best mates with [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] :moo:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion , have just beaten PSG over two legs to get to the semi's of the Champions league sponsored by American Express .This years final is being held at the newly renovated Amex with a 65000 capacity and flexi- seating and standing .
PM Boris Johnson, is preparing his speech to open the new Boris island Airport in the Thames Estuary with Simon Kirby his new transport secretary in attendance . Norwegian Air announce a new 2 hour £299 one way flight to Australia as part of the plans .

The RMT and ASLEF are still working to rule on the South Coast Franchise over the implementation of driver less trains . RMT Union leader ENREST is calling for the potless tinpot government to resign over their failed transport policy .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hopefully Aliens will visit and inform all religions you were/are soooooooo wrong .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Michael Mcintyre is struck down with mne but soldiers on...he is wheelchair bound , vocally wired up and slowly wasting away......and is still an irritating ****....

Not picking on you Sydney (although any excuse for you to reply and see that Avatar again!), could have been one of 100,000 posts on here or millions around the t'internet, but ....

Why do comedians and singers get to people so much? If you like them, watch and listen to them. If you don't, erm, don't. I have never known a time with more radio stations or tv channels to choose from, plus internet, podcasts, Netflix etc etc, it's not like you're sat there with one channel, and it's that or silence. Even then, books, magazines, go out and do something.

Reeves and Mortimer, nope, never found them funny. Solution, I never watch them, and I've never got wound up by their existence, or success despite not find them funny myself. What am I missing?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's Britain, the date is 20/04/2027 exactly ten years from now.

What state is Britain in? How are BHA getting on? Who is in government? Who are we friendly with across the globe? Has North Korea reduced us to dust? What are your hopes and dreams for the next decade?

Astonish me.

Britain remains the fifth biggest economy in the world, eclipsing all European countries who have struggled to compete since not just Britain, but France, Spain and Italy left the EU. Theresa May left in 2020, handing over to Boris Johnson who then won a landslide victory in 2022 and then again in 2027 and promises to go on "for as long as the people want me".

North Korea is no longer, with their people rebelling against them after a launch of a missile went badly wrong and wiped out a town with a population of 50,000 people. The wall falls, Berlin style, and Korea unites once again.

BHA win the Premier League in 2020 and then again in 2022, when Chris Hughton is made England manager and wins the world cup in Qatar in 2022. Lewis Dunk lifts the World Cup as captain of the England football team, but the papers destroy him for only wearing his lucky black pants for the award ceremony. Four years of decline follow Chris Hughton leaving with the seagulls only winning the FA Cup twice, the league cup once and two Champions Leagues, before Inigo Calderon (who returned as coach in 2019) takes the role giving the seagulls the Premier League title for the third time in 2027.

North Stand Chat exploded in 2020 and was reformed as North Stand Chat 2 in 2021 after Bozza reappeared following the 2020 Premier League Champions celebrations.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
After their 5th Administration Crystal Palace are finally flung out of the Football League and their remaining 8 supporters/trolls receive life- time banning orders,.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
After their 5th Administration Crystal Palace are finally flung out of the Football League and their remaining 8 supporters/trolls receive life- time banning orders,.

....for which they are extremely grateful for.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's 20/04/2027 and today is my 42nd birthday. Somehow I've managed to negotiate the perils of repeated oxygen use for ten more years. Wonders will never cease. My pile of books to read is now as high as the 2nd floor, I had to cut a little hatch through the living room ceiling. The bottom book of the pile is still the same one as it was in 2017.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crystal Palace 2027 will be the new company that takes over after their 3rd ( or is 4th administration) and promises that everyone will get paid this time even the Emergency ambulance services.
Selhurst will have had their external cladding redone and 3 seats in the Arthur Wait for it stand will have had a woodworm treatment put on them completing their plush new refurb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here