Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PFA Championship Team of the Year

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goalkeeper: David Stockdale (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Defenders: Bruno Saltor (Brighton & Hove Albion), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle United), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)

Midfielders: Tom Cairney (Fulham), Anthony Knockaert (Brighton & Hove Albion), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town), Jonjo Shelvey (Newcastle United)

Forwards: Dwight Gayle (Newcastle United), Chris Wood (Leeds United)

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...league-one-and-league-two-pfa-teams-announced

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I LOVE how Bruno is repeatedly recognised by his peers in this way. He is just so bloody good.

My favourite Albion player ever.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hard to argue too much with that, though Abraham and Murray could both consider themselves unlucky not to feature.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I LOVE how Bruno is repeatedly recognised by his peers in this way. He is just so bloody good.

He is indeed a f@cking legend. If only I could tell him so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm surprised Saltor also got a shout, I thought he left years ago.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think he is the classiest player in the side as well. Don't like him defending corners and free kicks though but still class player none the less

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Midfield seems a bit lopsided - one winger, and three central midfielders.

Particularly when they intend to play Knockaert down the middle. Crazy.

PFA Team of the year.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

He is a very, very good player, and a great club servant. Just a little unsure of how much we will see of him next season, no spring chicken and all that........ahem.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This. Although I love Wardy, Zamora and Vicente as well.

Bruno is imo the most technically gifted player we've ever had with the exception of Vicente.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He is a very, very good player, and a great club servant. Just a little unsure of how much we will see of him next season, no spring chicken and all that........ahem.

Is Bruno any slower than when he signed for us all those years ago.... nope.... age means nothing to Bruno :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its hard to argue with these teams when they are selected by peers.

I am however a bit suprised Lascelles got in,although I have not seen a great deal of him, I thought maybe one of the Leeds centre halfs may get the nod.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It's a funny one with Bruno, he got over looked by the writers but the players very much think he is the best right back in the division. I wonder if some of that is down to how he is on the pitch as well as his actual game. There seems to be a lot of respect for him.

It constantly amazes me that despite normally being the oldest player on the pitch he still looks the fittest at 80+ minutes. Amazing man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can easily group the 2 factions.

Those that have seen Bruno's high kicks when warming up.

And those that haven't

No man, of any age, should be able to Kick up like a tiller girl. (one for the kids)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here