Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coach travel to Norwich

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Surely being told that if your coach arrives after an hour before kick off you will be told to go home is a bit strange ?
I agree with you. Whether they strictly enforce this policy, I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't know how many coaches in total making the journey tomorrow but we have four going. Parking cost is £24 per coach.

Its naughty charging official coaches to park IMO, we should charge clubs to park at the Amex for grounds where we have to pay

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Its naughty charging official coaches to park IMO, we should charge clubs to park at the Amex for grounds where we have to pay
I couldn't agree more. The cost ultimately gets passed onto the fan normally.
Obviously if you are traveling via one of the free coaches then you won't be paying towards this cost on this occasion.
Wembley costs upwards of £50 per coach and this must be pre booked well in advance..
Compare that to say Derby day at Epsom, and those charges can exceed £900!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is a 1 hour window of arrival opportunity, which is between 17:45 - 18:45 only

Does this mean coaches arriving early will have to fill in time by driving around the Norwich tourist attractions. So a drive past the Castle and a u-turn and a drive past the Castle (repeat until 1745)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Does this mean coaches arriving early will have to fill in time by driving around the Norwich tourist attractions. So a drive past the Castle and a u-turn and a drive past the Castle (repeat until 1745)
Well, there are 52 churches and 365 pubs to choose from in the city.
Must be something to keep you entertained for a while.
I wouldn't bother trying to count fingers though, as you may miss the match! [emoji2]

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
AA Roadwatch suggesting Dartford crossing tailback currently to halfway between J2/3. Should be OK for a while yet, but not looking good for this afternoon if stacking this early.

Recommend leaving sooner rather than later.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hour and a half from the Amex and still 2 miles from the crossing

Just checked AA Roadwatch for you and there is currently about 5 miles of stationary traffic approaching the crossing , but seemingly building rapidly.

The good news is that once you get through the tunnel everything looks pretty clear so hopefully no problems once you get through.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Got through Dartford crossing 1 hour ago
Very very slow put 30 mins on journey
Fingers crossed for those coming through later on coaches it doesn't build up too much

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And our coach is through the tunnel so hour and 45 from the Amex. Last 5 miles took about 45 minutes. Good luck to those behind.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Am on ST coach approaching M25/M26 junction. Google maps is saying divert via M20 which is worrying, and I'm sure the driver won't do.

Still saying 420 arrival, so plenty of slack for a stop and delays.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
We're in ST02 and are currently queuing at just south of J2. Traffic very slow but we should make the tunnel in 30 mins at this rate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here