Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which big scalp at The Amex next season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Premier League is 3 leagues in 1. Any points we get against the behemoths of the top 6 is a BONUS. We'll have some tough competitive battles with the established mid-tablers like West Brom, Stoke and Southampton. But its the games against the junk and tripe like Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull / Swansea (whichever of those stays up), Palace, and of course whoever comes up through the Playoffs that will define our season. Those are the 6-pointers. It is ESSENTIAL we harvest points from the flotsum.

Taking 3 points against Chelsea would be AMAZING, obviously. But taking 3 points from a Hull or a Burnley, whilst not as "exciting", would certainly end up being more valuable as we seek to consolidate next year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Premier League is 3 leagues in 1. Any points we get against the behemoths of the top 6 is a BONUS.

I think the key to beating any of these is to play them early - these are the teams that often do a lot of recruiting in the summer and will take a couple of games to gel. I'd be happy if we played four or five of these teams in the first half a dozen games (with a relegation candidate to give us more of a chance). If we grab a win or a draw when they're vulnerable, it would be real bonus.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the key to beating any of these is to play them early - these are the teams that often do a lot of recruiting in the summer and will take a couple of games to gel. I'd be happy if we played four or five of these teams in the first half a dozen games (with a relegation candidate to give us more of a chance). If we grab a win or a draw when they're vulnerable, it would be real bonus.

Take your point, but I would fear facing too many of the big boys early on. We need to get a foothold with some early results, and get some points on the board so the team can feel they belong at this level. Lose a string of opening games and find ourselves rock bottom after half a dozen games, and all of a sudden, when the tripe do rock up, we're already under extra pressure in those games with our backs to the wall.

A couple of glamour games in the first half-dozen would be great, but not TOO many early doors.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No team in the Premier League is unbeatable so am confident that wins against the so called top 5 or 6 will happen .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Spurs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
What in revenge for last time when they did us first match 4-0 , and I believe Chelsea were hiding in the second the last time we were up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here