Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats from an Owl

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure how you define being ahead
I assume you're referring to Wednesday :lol:, not Villa:
Since moving to our stadium we've finished above them (generally a long way) every year except the Hyypia debacle, and we've had higher attendance every single year. We're also ahead in terms of facilities (like the training ground). That seems conclusively ahead to me.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Really unlucky last season, goal difference ouch. This season you have been the best side in the the league by a country mile,. Consistently picking up big results. Anyway massive congrats on your promotion, thoroughly deserved , just hope we can follow you WAWAW

Cheers Jimbob, and good luck in those play-offs. I have a feeling you might just do it.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
IMG_8631.JPG

This is you lot :tosser:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Trust me the older fans I know agree with me, a lot of the kids on this site don't represent the old school supporter.

Well I'll stick up for you pal. 100% agree but then I've never understood the mentality of anyone wanting to go on another teams message board, let alone register, let alone post.

If the roles were reversed and Dave the Seagull went on the Wednesday board and said "really pleased you've gone up, you were unlucky in the play offs last year!" he would have been greeted with such witty responses as "fook off you poof" or similar. I'm not suggesting we should follow suit but it does puzzle me why we feel the need to be all pally pally with other sides. What makes the sport so ****ing great is you can irrationally hate someone simply because of the team they support. Take that away and what do you have.....rugby!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What makes the sport so ****ing great is you can irrationally hate someone simply because of the team they support. Take that away and what do you have.....rugby!
I partly agree with you there, it's fun to have an irrational dislike of some other clubs, but I do like to keep that separate from real life.

I'd happily have a beer with a Palace fan for example. They support their club despite the fact that it's ****ing shit, and I respect that. And if one the Nigels wants to congratulate us through gritted teeth, I'll take that with good grace thanks.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I partly agree with you there, it's fun to have an irrational dislike of some other clubs, but I do like to keep that separate from real life.

I'd happily have a beer with a Palace fan for example. They support their club despite the fact that it's ****ing shit, and I respect that. And if one the Nigels wants to congratulate us through gritted teeth, I'll take that with good grace thanks.

Totally agree. Some of my best pals are Palace. Wouldn't want to be anywhere near them on a match day between the two of us though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'll stick up for you pal. 100% agree but then I've never understood the mentality of anyone wanting to go on another teams message board, let alone register, let alone post.

If the roles were reversed and Dave the Seagull went on the Wednesday board and said "really pleased you've gone up, you were unlucky in the play offs last year!" he would have been greeted with such witty responses as "fook off you poof" or similar. I'm not suggesting we should follow suit but it does puzzle me why we feel the need to be all pally pally with other sides. What makes the sport so ****ing great is you can irrationally hate someone simply because of the team they support. Take that away and what do you have.....rugby!

So the ONLY type of interaction you feel we should have with fans of other clubs is one that involves abuse ?

I think most fans are well capable of holding intelligent conversation with rival fans about their respective clubs, face to face or on messageboards without it descending into inane insults based on tired old cliché's.

But if dull, repetitive, pointless arguments that go round and round in circles on ginormous threads really are your thing, then I can highly recommend the away end of the BBS. There's about a dozen posters on there who have dedicated their lives to basically cutting and pasting their anti-BHA rhetoric, and posting it endlessly.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've never understood the mentality of anyone wanting to go on another teams message board, let alone register, let alone post.

I agree with you and hopkins in this regard. However this chap has taken the time out of his day to register and to post and to wish us well which isn't anything he should be lambasted for.

It's like if you've done a really cracking piece of work at your job and someone in your company you've never spoken to notices and decides to congratulate you on it. Sure, it's a bit weird but overall a nice sentiment.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There's such a thing as a bad winner.
How you take congratulations is an indicator of those with class and, well, [MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION]. [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] too on the Charlton thread.

The bad winner is something I've experienced a lot with Aussie cricket fans. You don't hear a peep from them when the lose but they are complete ar$ehole$ when they win.
I reckon a bad winner is one of the worse types.
Let's try and stay gracious in victory as hopefully we were when we missed out narrowly last year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly don't see the harm in registering and posting on another teams messageboard, whats the issue with that ? I've not made a habit of it - I'll often just "lurk" in the run-up or aftermath of a game. But I quite like seeing what other clubs fans are saying about their own team and ours, and getting a feeling of the mood. Similarly on Twitter, when you check out another teams hashtag. I've had some interesting debates on there over the years, not all of it is about back-slapping or abuse (although it can often easily descend) :lolol:

So many people love saying what everyone else should or shouldn't do. We all get our football fix in different ways, and if talking to rival fans online is one of them, then who's to say that's right or wrong. Mind yer beeswax.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So the ONLY type of interaction you feel we should have with fans of other clubs is one that involves abuse ?

What part of "I'm not suggesting we should follow suit" did you not understand?

I think most fans are well capable of holding intelligent conversation with rival fans about their respective clubs, face to face or on messageboards without it descending into inane insults based on tired old cliché's.

Bully for them. Tired old cliches and insults is what makes this game great IMO. Doesn't mean I can't or don't want to have interactions with supporters of other teams. In fact I'm meeting a couple of Leeds fans and a Palace fan after work this evening. Just don't understand the mentality of someone posting on another teams message board to say well done or to have a dig.

But if dull, repetitive, pointless arguments that go round and round in circles on ginormous threads really are your thing, then I can highly recommend the away end of the BBS. There's about a dozen posters on there who have dedicated their lives to basically cutting and pasting their anti-BHA rhetoric, and posting it endlessly.

If reading what some mongy Palace fan(s) think about BHA on their own message board is what floats your boat then good for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here