Aug 8, 2005
In order of who I would like to join us next season:

Fulham
Newcastle
Huddersfield
Sheffield Wednesday
Leeds
Reading

So you're marginally more popular than Leeds and quite a bit more popular than Reading in my book, but languishing behind Fulham and Huddersfield. About right I think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really unlucky last season, goal difference ouch. This season you have been the best side in the the league by a country mile,. Consistently picking up big results. Anyway massive congrats on your promotion, thoroughly deserved , just hope we can follow you WAWAW
Thank you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure what a miserable bad winner is (as i had an amazing time saturday with my son and he did as well) BUT what i do know is that one owls fan saying well done means nothing to me and 90% of our support.
So you think you speak for 90% of us? Looking at the reactions on this thread it's pretty clear you're in the minority.

A small example, when we played Villa in the cup a few years ago we had to go in their section, when we scored i celebrated so they knew who we supported, obviously they won the game but then we had to spend the next 10 mins after the game getting patronised by their support "youve got a good team, great stadium" etc. would we have got the same reaction if we'd won ? Doubt it.
Firstly that's a terrible example as it's a completely different scenario and secondly, what the **** did you want them to say? "Did you enjoy your day out at a big club"? Villa are a proper big club who have always been well ahead of us, so what if they were a bit patronising of you. That's completely different with Wednesday, we've been ahead of them for a while now and we won, so the OP certainly isn't patronising us.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
So you think you speak for 90% of us? Looking at the reactions on this thread it's pretty clear you're in the minority.

Firstly that's a terrible example as it's a completely different scenario and secondly, what the **** did you want them to say? "Did you enjoy your day out at a big club"? Villa are a proper big club who have always been well ahead of us, so what if they were a bit patronising of you. That's completely different with Wednesday, we've been ahead of them for a while now and we won, so the OP certainly isn't patronising us.

Trust me the older fans I know agree with me, a lot of the kids on this site don't represent the old school supporter.

Really unlucky last season, goal difference ouch. This season you have been the best side in the the league by a country mile,. Consistently picking up big results. Anyway massive congrats on your promotion, thoroughly deserved , just hope we can follow you WAWAW

Nice of you to say so. Appreciate that. Good luck in the play-offs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure what a miserable bad winner is (as i had an amazing time saturday with my son and he did as well) BUT what i do know is that one owls fan saying well done means nothing to me and 90% of our support. A small example, when we played Villa in the cup a few years ago we had to go in their section, when we scored i celebrated so they knew who we supported, obviously they won the game but then we had to spend the next 10 mins after the game getting patronised by their support "youve got a good team, great stadium" etc. would we have got the same reaction if we'd won ? Doubt it. I just dont like all the fake sincerity towards each other. Somebody mentioned Fans United, that was done in the correct way in my view, those fans from other teams travelled to show support to not only our club but criticise the system that allowed it to happen, a far cry from registering as 'Barry the Owl' and offering meaningless plaudits.

Utter boll*cks.

Thanks OP for the sentiments. If you end up against Leeds in the POs at any point please beat them.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
55 years a supporter and I don't agree with you.
What a load of crap.I have been supporting Brighton since 1953 and I know all the older supporters remember when football was a sport. What the Owl has done is shown a bit of sportsmanship to a fellow team. Sportsmanship is clearly a word idiots like you have never heard of.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trust me the older fans I know agree with me, a lot of the kids on this site don't represent the old school supporter.

I reckon PPF (who at least is humourous about it) would agree with you and..........nope that's it ! Old school? Bit of a niche isent it ..I'm an 'old' supporter in that I've been going 49 years ..overall I'd say the changes are for the better imho

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a load of crap.I have been supporting Brighton since 1953 and I know all the older supporters remember when football was a sport. What the Owl has done is shown a bit of sportsmanship to a fellow team. Sportsmanship is clearly a word idiots like you have never heard of.
You've quoted the wrong person :facepalm:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I couldn't bring myself to be so bloody rude to a fan of any club who has been arsed to register on here to congratulate us on our well deserved promotion.

Thanks OP. I'm afraid there will always be one or two that just don't get it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm glad I read your edit!! :lol:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Not sure I agree with all your points, but respect what your trying to say.

Not sure how you define being ahead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here