Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats from an Owl

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not sure I understand the attitude of some on here, there have been very many favourable quotes on Owlstalk following our promotion and an admiration about how we have gone about things.

Owlstalk is a good board with a huge number of decent fans of their club. I like it because it is entertaining because of the humour and there is no great antipathy towards Albion any more than there is on NSC towards Wednesday.

That said, of course, there is the usual problem of a small number of knuckleheads on every fans forum you might encounter and sadly that includes North Stand Chat !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate all these "we'll done" brothers in arms bullshit messages from other clubs fans. It's new age nonsense, "oh look at me aren't I gracious". Half and half scarf dribble.

You miserable, grumpy old trollope. :lolol:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I hate all these "we'll done" brothers in arms bullshit messages from other clubs fans. It's new age nonsense, "oh look at me aren't I gracious". Half and half scarf dribble.

Did Fans United not happen in your world you knobber? Short ****ing memories some people.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Can we ban threads from other teams fans congratulating us ? It's our moment **** off.

Did Fans United not happen in your world you knobber? Short ****ing memories some people.

Probably wasn't even born until a couple of years after ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not sure I understand the attitude of some on here, there have been very many favourable quotes on Owlstalk following our promotion and an admiration about how we have gone about things.

Owlstalk is a good board with a huge number of decent fans of their club. I like it because it is entertaining because of the humour and there is no great antipathy towards Albion any more than there is on NSC towards Wednesday.

That said, of course, there is the usual problem of a small number of knuckleheads on every fans forum you might encounter and sadly that includes North Stand Chat !

Bore off

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I really don't think it is fair to criticise a fan from another club when they've had the decency to come on here and congratulate us. That said mate, you won't win the play offs because you can't afford to rest your first team before the play offs like you did last season you cheating *******s!!! :lolol: :lolol:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Really unlucky last season, goal difference ouch. This season you have been the best side in the the league by a country mile,. Consistently picking up big results. Anyway massive congrats on your promotion, thoroughly deserved , just hope we can follow you WAWAW

Thank you for your input and please see my post no 22 in this topic !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There's such a thing as a bad winner.
How you take congratulations is an indicator of those with class and, well, [MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION]. [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] too on the Charlton thread.
Absolutely.

If someone has to be a miserable bad winner after the great season we have had, they could at least step away from threads like this.

Cheers to the OP ! Got a sneaky feeling Massive will do it this year, and that is a genuine belief.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely.

If someone has to be a miserable bad winner after the great season we have had, they could at least step away from threads like this.

Cheers to the OP ! Got a sneaky feeling Massive will do it this year, and that is a genuine belief.

Not sure what a miserable bad winner is (as i had an amazing time saturday with my son and he did as well) BUT what i do know is that one owls fan saying well done means nothing to me and 90% of our support. A small example, when we played Villa in the cup a few years ago we had to go in their section, when we scored i celebrated so they knew who we supported, obviously they won the game but then we had to spend the next 10 mins after the game getting patronised by their support "youve got a good team, great stadium" etc. would we have got the same reaction if we'd won ? Doubt it. I just dont like all the fake sincerity towards each other. Somebody mentioned Fans United, that was done in the correct way in my view, those fans from other teams travelled to show support to not only our club but criticise the system that allowed it to happen, a far cry from registering as 'Barry the Owl' and offering meaningless plaudits.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not sure what a miserable bad winner is (as i had an amazing time saturday with my son and he did as well) BUT what i do know is that one owls fan saying well done means nothing to me and 90% of our support. A small example, when we played Villa in the cup a few years ago we had to go in their section, when we scored i celebrated so they knew who we supported, obviously they won the game but then we had to spend the next 10 mins after the game getting patronised by their support "youve got a good team, great stadium" etc. would we have got the same reaction if we'd won ? Doubt it. I just dont like all the fake sincerity towards each other. Somebody mentioned Fans United, that was done in the correct way in my view, those fans from other teams travelled to show support to not only our club but criticise the system that allowed it to happen, a far cry from registering as 'Barry the Owl' and offering meaningless plaudits.

We were playing at Withdean when we played at Villa Park in the cup, so that's a little odd.

Your attitude on this thread is weird. 'Fake sincerity'? That's what we got from the Boro and Burnley w4nkers after they'd beaten us to promotion last season - and THAT really was rage-inducing.

Someone who we have beaten home and away, and left 20-odd points behind, coming on here to say well done, isn't remotely insincere. How could it be?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Massive!

norman-wisdom.jpg

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
We were playing at Withdean when we played at Villa Park in the cup, so that's a little odd.

Your attitude on this thread is weird. 'Fake sincerity'? That's what we got from the Boro and Burnley w4nkers after they'd beaten us to promotion last season - and THAT really was rage-inducing.

Someone who we have beaten home and away, and left 20-odd points behind, coming on here to say well done, isn't remotely insincere. How could it be?

My apologies, "your stadiums coming along nicely" pat on back from villa fan and fake sincerity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here