Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The busker in the subway under the A27

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Not seen a thread on this but the bloke cracks me up. Appeared for the first time several weeks ago and has been gradually getting more into his football. Was even playing GOSBTS on Monday I'm told. Could become a legend of the match day experience!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He is bonkers in the best way possible.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Expression never changes.

We left the ground about 530 on Monday and he seemed to be playing exactly the same thing as when we walked to the ground at 2. I though he might at least be smiling or something - not even sure he knew the result......

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
He was playing "Land of Hope and Glory" as we walked through on the way home on Monday... we went full-on Last Night of the Proms with singing and flag waving! :albion:

"We all follow the Albion over land and sea..."

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not seen a thread on this but the bloke cracks me up. Appeared for the first time several weeks ago and has been gradually getting more into his football. Was even playing GOSBTS on Monday I'm told. Could become a legend of the match day experience!

I forgot about him, yes he was playing GOSBTS and wearing a shirt, he was slightly drowned out by supporters singing the Monkees song (first time I've heard that - was brilliant)

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
662d62ec6693b2f813cddbf427e79844.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He's brilliant
No idea if he's just their football days or is a regular busking place. I look forward to the day he has Cd's or a download available.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Has anyone been tempted to stop and take his advertised quiz? To be frank I have been too scared to risk stopping and him saying (in Jasper Carrott impression voice) - "I've got a bomb here". Broker bonkers!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
He always seems to playing football related songs. Let's all give him a quid each at the Bristol City game to make his day. Worth a quid to finish top Shirley?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Can confirm that he's there most days. If it's quiet and you chuck him a quid he usually plays "For he's a jolly good fellow" as you walk away. Very eccentric but I like him. Popular with students too I think.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Busking going cashless.

London has introduced a contactless payment scheme for buskers in what the organisers claim is a world first.

In addition to tossing loose change into a box, passers-by can use card readers to make contactless payments.

It has been launched in partnership with Swedish tech firm iZettle, bought this month by US payments giant PayPal.

"Now, more Londoners will be able to show their support to the capital's brilliant, talented street performers," said London mayor Sadiq Khan.

He announced on Sunday that the scheme will be be rolled out across the city after successful trials.

Charlotte Campbell, a full-time busker, was part of the trial and says that after two weeks it "had a significant impact on contributions".

The card readers, which plug into smartphones and other devices, allow tap-to-donate fixed payments. "More people than ever tap-to-donate whilst I sing, and often, when one person does, another follows," Ms Campbell said.

The organisation Busk in London, which is working with iZettle on the scheme, said it would be made available to buskers in all the capital's boroughs over the coming months.

Using card readers for online payments is becoming increasingly popular among small traders and charities who cannot afford the infrastructure traditionally used for credit card payments.

Earlier this month PayPay announced it was buying iZettle for $2.2bn (£1.6bn).

Founded in Stockholm in 2010, iZettle started out selling credit and debit card readers, but has more recently expanded with an e-commerce platform which tracks items such as sales and inventory for its customers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44271647

I'd like to see how this pans out, as I'm all for giving money to these guys, but stopping and swiping cards, is another matter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here