Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Objective but passionate

Wigan MATCH REPORT. Bit late, but yeah...

30 Not allowed!
    For unforeseen reason, I was *ahem* not quite able to sit and type out anything coherent yesterday.

Back at my desk today, wishing I was just sat at home drinking tea, and watching videos of players crowd-surfing down train carriages. In no mood to focus on work matters, so got round to this. Read it, should you desire to relive Monday's events

http://www.northstandchat.com/conten...tic-17-04-2017

'Home to Wigan Athletic’ - doesn’t sound much of an event, written down. Recent ‘Home to Wigan Athletic’s can’t have been especially memorable – the last that springs to mind found us 2-0 down after four minutes at Withdean.

Not so this one. Nobody will forget this one for a long, long time.

Oh my. What a day.

What. A. Day.
    Stand or Fall

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For unforeseen reason, I was *ahem* not quite able to sit and type out anything coherent yesterday.

Back at my desk today, wishing I was just sat at home drinking tea, and watching videos of players crowd-surfing down train carriages. In no mood to focus on work matters, so got round to this. Read it, should you desire to relive Monday's events

http://www.northstandchat.com/conten...tic-17-04-2017
      Wonderful stuff. I've enjoyed your reports all season and they are on the money every time. Obviously the Skalak tweet is my favourite bit - I opened that tweet on the tube home yesterday and was "that guy" who laughs out loud on his own in public - but the next most prescient phrase is

"There is a reason they are where they are in the table, though. They are shit."

I tried to write something in my only spare 45 minutes yesterday and couldn't recall a thing about the match. That you've done so in such detail is brilliant. Looking forward to the Premier League reports.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Another brilliant and enjoyable read. Thank you.
      Members
      Live: Haywards Heath. Work: Shaftesbury Ave

1 Not allowed!
      I know it's a weird one to pick as a favourite, particularly when I can see myself in one of the other vids, but that one of the fella who was on the train as it arrived and had no idea what was going on is absolutely magnificent. I don't know why he felt he had to join in, but his face is a joy. I can only think of Danny Baker's superb quote about 'Imagine not being into football. Those poor, half-alive b*st*rds.'

Quality work as always, Exile.

0 Not allowed!
      Fantastic as always. I'd forgotten about the AK vs Burn square-up, not to mention David Gonzalez!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herne Hill Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I know it's a weird one to pick as a favourite, particularly when I can see myself in one of the other vids, but that one of the fella who was on the train as it arrived and had no idea what was going on is absolutely magnificent. I don't know why he felt he had to join in, but his face is a joy. I can only think of Danny Baker's superb quote about 'Imagine not being into football. Those poor, half-alive b*st*rds.'

Quality work as always, Exile.
      That guy on the train is wonderful
      Your mum.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Brilliant report, loved it thanks
      I look nothing like him! Jack Straw's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You've saved the best 'til last. What a cracking report. I'll forgive you for the lack of ARTWORK!
      Jack Straw's "Falmer Watch". See all the photos of the building of the Amex from start to finish, here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321...57651087142822
      Ticket stub collection here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/collections
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Love it. Your reports are always a must read for me and this one doesn't disappoint.. just managed to calm down a bit today and think about day to day life again but this has brought it all flooding back! Thanks for all your efforts..... cheers.
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Thank you for doing all these reports, they really add to everything that has happened this season.

Just one minor criticism, Caldi walked back from Cyprus,via the Straits of Gibraltar, and across the Bay of Biscay.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!