Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Objective but passionate
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,412


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately the bandstand set up is not conducive to a good sound. With no back wall the wind just flies through and would make almost every band sound pretty tinny and weedy.
    I'm sure you did your best Mello.
    Stand or Fall

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12

      0 Not allowed!
      Probably a bit late now, but The Piranhas have reformed and would be excellent
    • #13
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      BN14
      Posts
      19,067


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Andy Naylor Fan Club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No wonder the atomsphere wasn't any good at the bandstand, you were 2 days early.
      Good spot! I like to camp out for the big games.
    • #14
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      6,352


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by greyseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's always a different band at each game.

      To be honest, the atmosphere was so good anyway you could've had Hitler up there in a pink tutu singing 'She'll be coming round the mountain' and it wouldn't have made any difference.
      Hitler wearing a pink tutu!, sorry l can't get that picture out of my mind now. To be fair we have had a few good bands perform this season, The Gangsters, and Dumbwaiters, amongst them.
    • #15
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      6,352


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm sure you did your best Mello.
      Yes, even Mellotron's hero would have struggled to sound good on the bandstand.

      RIP David Jones.
    • #16
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      BN14
      Posts
      19,067


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Unfortunately the bandstand set up is not conducive to a good sound. With no back wall the wind just flies through and would make almost every band sound pretty tinny and weedy.
      No slight on the band itself but the set up is a bit tinpot now and needs a roof as you say. I assume the other one blew off? Hence my suggestion for an instrumental band rather than a vocalist.
    • #17
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      21,525


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm sure you did your best Mello.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive *******s."
    • #18
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      21,525


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, even Mellotron's hero would have struggled to sound good on the bandstand.

      RIP David Jones.
      He'd still sound good singing through a broken walkie talkie with helium breath and a heavy cold.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive *******s."
    • #19
      Members East Preston Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Was East Preston but now gone west to bognor....will avoid getting sucked into the Fratton Vortex.
      Posts
      1,411


      0 Not allowed!
      It has to be Fat boy Slim or Royal Blood for last game.

      Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
      The bognor borders..reclaiming land for the Albion

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •