Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk's 3 game suspension (or not)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Am i right in thinking he'd need to be booked in each game left to get to 15 yellow cards?

The ban would then carry over to the first 3 games of next season.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My understanding is that ONLY Red card suspensions are carried over

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yes of course.
Yes.
Well I could be wrong, I'm not totally sure, but I think they are carried over.

My question would be that we are no longer members of the Football League, different governing rules apply with a different body, how could the ban be enforced? I'm not sure I'm right - but the Premier League is not part of the FL

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My question would be that we are no longer members of the Football League, different governing rules apply with a different body, how could the ban be enforced? I'm not sure I'm right - but the Premier League is not part of the FL
Suarez's ban for biting was worldwide. PL and FL both come under the FA and UEFA, I can't see why the divisions wouldn't come under the same rules.

But I don't know, that's just what I think.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think that is right.

Clearly in that case he wouldn't play at Villa though, unless the title depended on it.

With only 3 games left, he would have to play at Villa to get booked there! So, if only red card suspensions are carried over, he can't now suffer a 15Y suspension.

Everything is falling into place.

PG

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If he doesn't get any more yellows, is the slate wiped clean for next season? Alternatively, if he does pick up a suspension, is it carried over to next season?

Any suspension is carried forward but not accumulated yellows. He can afford two yellows (in separate games) but not three in total.

Would like to see Tomori given starts now with a view to a season long next season. The pace of this kid could make him a frightening player if he loses his rawness

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
But it is part of the FA.

As is The West Sussex Football League, but If I was suspended in that League I could still play in the County League.

I honestly don't know the answer, but we play under FL rules at the moment, how can that rule be enforced if we don't play in the FL?

Incidentally will will have to resign from the FL like the founding members of the Premier League did?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was going to post this yesterday but forgot in the euphoria! The turnaround in his 'booking rate' has been remarkable since the pressure has really been on! Well done Lewis

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As is The West Sussex Football League, but If I was suspended in that League I could still play in the County League.

I honestly don't know the answer, but we play under FL rules at the moment, how can that rule be enforced if we don't play in the FL?

Incidentally will will have to resign from the FL like the founding members of the Premier League did?

For the seasons that we are not playing in it, I presume that we will.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would like to see Tomori given starts now with a view to a season long next season. The pace of this kid could make him a frightening player if he loses his rawness

I'd like to see us put in a bid to sign him. What a talent he is.
Quick, great in the air &, after a tricky start, he really stepped up to the mark when Dunky was ill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Bruno's injury and Dunk stepping in as Captain was a real positive here too.

He seemed more composed and was aware he'd need to take control of a back four that had, at times, hardly played all season.

Also - huge credit to Hünemeier. I have to admit I was a tad worried about the prospect of him coming in to replace Duffy considering his lack of football for almost a year. He's been immense. His consistency, his positioning and my god - I did not think anyone could match Duffy for sheer number of balls headed - he's won everything in the air.

Apart from Powell's goal for Wigan, which made the last 10 minutes of the game a little uncomfortable.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
One of my lasting memories from the latter half of this season was Tomori coming on against Newcastle and them throwing everything down his side of the pitch. He handled it very well.
As for Dunk, last seen at 3am Tuesday morning.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One of my lasting memories from the latter half of this season was Tomori coming on against Newcastle and them throwing everything down his side of the pitch. He handled it very well.
As for Dunk, last seen at 3am Tuesday morning.

Last seen 6am Wednesday morning in a Brighton night club !

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Pogba missed the start of this season for Man Utd due to picking up two yellows in the Copa Italia for Juve. Would guess that suspensions would carry over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here