Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would your transfer policy be this summer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We offered about the same transfer fee as Celtic, but they paid him much higher wages which would have well exceded our budget, but if he does sell in the summer for 40 plus million may bring some discomfort to Bloom.

I thought I read , wrongly it seems, that we offered £2m and Celtic £2.5m and we wouldnt increase our offer so he went to Celtic. I wonder if many can remember a poster on here some couple of years ago saying we were interested in getting Adam Lallana on loan

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would you spend big on a couple of big players and keep the bulk of this squad?

Buy young talent so that if we go down we have a squad to keep together to come back up?

This!

We probably need to buy the best striker we can find, regardless of age, and whether they'd be with us should we go down. beyond that, let's hoover up the best young talent around, and build from there.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the need for another winger. I expect LuaLua and Skalak to be moved on so i think we will be a bit thin on the wings.

Absolutely agree. We need a right footed winger that can take a great free kick/corner that also has pace. Can we find a right footed Knocky? I think that Murphy is so under rated also, he can make the step up as part of the squad i'm sure.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Absolutely agree. We need a right footed winger that can take a great free kick/corner that also has pace. Can we find a right footed Knocky? I think that Murphy is so under rated also, he can make the step up as part of the squad i'm sure.

Skalak will be far better suited to the prem with his delivery and the time he'll get I can see him setting up plenty next season

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We will not play 2 central forwards and 2 wingers so will have to have additions. A Shelvey type player as an additional midfielder. We have outstanding central defenders for championship where ball is pumped up a lot. Somehow dont think with ball on ground with quick forwards Duffy may not be answer. Think the quickest out of Duffy Goldson and Hunemier plays with Dunk. There will be a concern with speed of players they wil find it easy to get past Bong and Bruno and a full backs standard of Aston Vills will be needed. It will be the ammount of clean sheets we keep that will define our season.. Also have to be brave on decisions. I see Hemed was angling for club extending his contract. No way Tell him only if he can produce in premiership. Same with Baldock.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think that Murphy is so under rated also, he can make the step up as part of the squad i'm sure.

Completely agree with that. I think he's a brilliant player.

This season we played Reading at home and accepted they will have the possession (much like our games in the prem will be). Where did our goals come from? Murphy picking up the ball and being a one man counter attacking MACHINE. He is rapid with the ball and so direct. Could be a brilliant tool.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Absolutely keep the core of this squad.

We just need to identify positions where we need to strengthen and then go and do that. I'm positive the scouting team have been planning for this since January. I'm not one for big marquee signings. We have a great group and signing some billy big bollocks could disrupt that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We will not play 2 central forwards and 2 wingers so will have to have additions. A Shelvey type player as an additional midfielder. We have outstanding central defenders for championship where ball is pumped up a lot. Somehow dont think with ball on ground with quick forwards Duffy may not be answer. Think the quickest out of Duffy Goldson and Hunemier plays with Dunk..

There is an element of truth in this, however consider some of the first choice CFs in the PL: Lukaku, Kane, Ibrahimovic, Costa, Benteke, Llorente, Deeney, Carroll, Antonio, Giroud, Negredo, perhaps Gray – big, powerful, strong centre forwards who bully defenders. Our mini league will be our results against 8th down to 20th. Fully expect Duffy and Dunk to be the first choice pairing. Rather than your quickest, whoever is less likely to be bullied out of it is more likely for me.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The head of recruitment is by all reports in Europe now, following his A list.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The head of recruitment is by all reports in Europe now, following his A list.
and has been there for the last month or so.

I guess he's gone back to the top of the list, only this time with a 'you want us more than we want you' attitude.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Trim the squad of the bit part players, renegotiate current contracts, try and sign Stephens and Stockdale, then evolution not revolution. Keep the spirit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top priority is a nippy forward who can get us 10-12 goals.

We also need a CM who can play at speed.

For me the biggest concern is dealing with the pace of the Prem, particularly in transition when breaking forward. We never flood the opposition penalty area, with our CMs content to let Knocky do his thing solo. I think we'll need more than that in the Prem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would you spend big on a couple of big players and keep the bulk of this squad?
Well the budget is going to be largely down to Sir Tony Bloom, so if I'm putting myself in his position, I'd start with meeting Chris and asking what he needs.

Scouting both home and abroad is a given. I wouldn't expect to overly load the team with youth or experience, I expect we'll have a mix.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We are ahead of the game for sure with 6 or so PL teams still uncertain of whether or not they are going down.

Need to make it count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here