Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many players live locally?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
how on earth do people know these things?!

I did know about Murray but only as he lives next door to a friend of mine, but how do people know the locations of like 4 or 5 players at a time?!

A fair few of them drive big white standard footballer cars, often with private plates on, which is a giveaway :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A fair few of them drive big white standard footballer cars, often with private plates on, which is a giveaway :lol:

It's a bit of a giveaway when you see someone in a blue training top with a German numberplate ie Uwe, and a Belgian numberplate ie Seb Pocognoli.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Really? I've seen him on numerous occasions outside a house recently in the Withdean area with his son and his Merc is always parked in the same drive. In fact the house next door to his is up for sale if you have a couple of million knocking about.

He moved into the new house in Withdean about 2 months ago. Very much doubt he's moving again.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I used to walk past Dave Sextons house every day on my way to school. That was when he played for us and was then Manager of Chelsea. You could buy it now for a weeks pay from some of our better payed players. I also delivered newspapers to a few of our retired 1950 and before players, they lived in the block of roads between Sackville Goods yard and the Dust destructor, a short walk to the Goldstone. :lolol:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
I drove past Chuba Akpom today on the slip road on to the A23 at Hickstead. It looked like he was waiting for a lift. You don't think we've put him in the travelodge ???

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't worry I'm not a stalker and don't want addresses or road names but am curious how many of the squad actually live in Brighton or Hove. Bruno lives in Hove I know that but the others?

It's probably already been said but isn't that exactly what a stalker would say?

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I drove past Chuba Akpom today on the slip road on to the A23 at Hickstead. It looked like he was waiting for a lift. You don't think we've put him in the travelodge ???

Players often leave their cars in the car park at the services there when they go by coach to an away game, so I assume it's a pick up point for the guys who are based in Mid Sussex & surrounds.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Players often leave their cars in the car park at the services there when they go by coach to an away game, so I assume it's a pick up point for the guys who are based in Mid Sussex & surrounds.

I'm a little bit surprised that players aren't required to drive down to the Amex really, leave their cars, and board the team coach there. After all, it isn't much further for them to drive.

I thought all this, picking people up all over Sussex malarkey, only applied to us fans, joining Seagull Travel or the Costa Express for away games!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Back when I was a student working in Vodafone, I used to spot Kuipers pretty much every morning park his Merc on the traffic lights on South Road, Haywards Heath and go to Costa. Think he was involved with Crawley Town at the time.

Used to be quite well known that Zamora lived on the Tesco Estate in Burgess Hill during his first stint.
Kuipers lived in Gower Road at the same time I did, never saw him there but I served him at the Shell Garage in HH, got his autograph :)

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
During his second stint with us, Micky Adams lived at The Knowle, off London Road in Cuckfield.
Ironically, I spoke to him for the first time to wish him well in that afternoon's match on the day he was sacked!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
During his second stint with us, Micky Adams lived at The Knowle, off London Road in Cuckfield.
Ironically, I spoke to him for the first time to wish him well in that afternoon's match on the day he was sacked!

Russel Slade moved into the house when he took over. Somebody on here previously confirmed that it was owned and rented out by a relative of theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here