Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sorry if I've missed it but haven't seen or heard any comments from him today, anyone else? In fact I haven't heard anything about him for a long time, hope he's ok.

Loved him as a presenter and was always very proud that he was an Albion fan. If this had happened a few years ago he would have been everywhere and he did his bit for us during the struggles so imagine it is a very proud day for him also.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Saw a picture today , he was there yesterday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw him going into West Reception and stopping to sign autographs pre match but was surprised how old he now looks. I suppose it happens to us all but when you remember a face from yesteryear it is difficult to recognise that age waits for no man.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Facial hair furniture of the highest standard

des.jpg

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Know some of his neighbors near where he lives near East Preston sea front and they say they rarely see him and when they do he struggles to get around and apparently is not in the best of health they are led to believe ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Know some of his neighbors near where he lives near East Preston sea front and they say they rarely see him and when they do he struggles to get around and apparently is not in the best of health they are led to believe ?

That is so sad to hear, he was the number one celebrity supporter "back in the day" and one of our own...
#together.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I once cooked for Des Lynam on a New Years Eve about 15 years ago. He came in to the kitchen to say hello after a waitress told him I was a big Brighton fan, and he said he'd autograph a menu for me. He never did, but he was so schnockered I doubt that he could even SEE a menu.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I once cooked for Des Lynam on a New Years Eve about 15 years ago. He came in to the kitchen to say hello after a waitress told him I was a big Brighton fan, and he said he'd autograph a menu for me. He never did, but he was so schnockered I doubt that he could even SEE a menu.

:lolol:

Saw him leaving whilst catching up with some of my Dad's mates outside the West Upper. All it took was for one person to notice him and he had dozens of fans asking for pictures, which he obliged to.

Can recall Alan Mullery and Jonathan Pearce were both nearby whilst Des was leaving, having a drink outside as well.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Des whilst at the BBC was a Class Act. Cool,calm and stylish who can remember the chaos of the National that never was and was covering it live. Little quips like "See i knew you would join us" when the BBC was head to head with The Other Lot when it came to sports. Liked him and Gerald Williams when they covered Wimbledon. In the day of modern sports coverage some of our so called presenter's could do a lot worse than watch a bit of Des. Finally anyone remember the April fools sketch ?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Remember him calling out the the numbers for the score draws ( or what ever they were called) for the pools panel. At the end if it he said that's my Chinese ordered on grandstand.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Used to see him a lot at Withdean. Spoke to him a few times, lovely bloke and is another who has done lots to raise the profile of the club. Glad to hear he was enjoying the day.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Remember him calling out the the numbers for the score draws ( or what ever they were called) for the pools panel. At the end if it he said that's my Chinese ordered on grandstand.

Bang on always had a little jest,genuine and effortless.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
He was a decent player in his youth. I played against him when he was in the Varndean Grammar 1st XI back in the late 50s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here