Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I saw him on a TV tribute programme a little while ago and unfortunately he did not look very well at all. Having said that I don't know his age but he certainly isn't a spring chicken. I must agree with other comments one of the best TV presenters ever

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I idly wondered the other day that he might make a guest appearance back on Match of the Day to present our first game in the prem, but I guess he might be a bit old now and anyway the beeb probably don't care THAT much for us

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was going to say bit of a miserable old sod now, but in our first season at the Amex he used to his in the directors box with Martin Perry & Dick Knight.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm sure I could see him in the west stand when I was on the pitch on Monday.

Read his autobiography if you can, quite an entertaining read. Especially the stuff on admitting he is a "ladies man" and how he picked up an infection at the Moscow Olympics....:)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was good to see Alan Mullery sitting in the Directors' Box on Monday as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Love the Lynam. Greatest sports presenter of all time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was good to see Alan Mullery sitting in the Directors' Box on Monday as well.

Glad I've spotted this, was wondering about Mullers and the lack of reference to the last promotion to the big time. Not seen him interviewed. See his programme article is back for Bristol, should be a good read.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its good to see Alan Mullery at most games at The Amex rather than at White Hart Lane I wonder if he has fallen out with Daniel Levy or perhaps its because he lives in Southwater so it is easier to get to and from.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its good to see Alan Mullery at most games at The Amex rather than at White Hart Lane I wonder if he has fallen out with Daniel Levy or perhaps its because he lives in Southwater so it is easier to get to and from.

He's in good company with so many having Albion as their "second" team :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lynhams greatest line,

2.30 in the afternoon kick off, England v Tunisia, 1998 World Cup.

" Shouldn't you be at work?"

And, yes Des, I should have been!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He used to try and run me over on Tongdean Lane after every Withdean match.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

you don't think being employed as the club ambassador that he should be at our games rather than Spurs??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here