Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale to West Ham rumour

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I like Stockdale but think he is the most replaceable of our side. Few decent PL keepers have contracts expiring. I'd much rather keep him than not but if the choice was between keeping Stephens or Stockdale it would be Stephens all day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that Stockdale will be one of 2 signings pre Bristol City the other being Dale Stephens now that we are in with the big boys. It makes sense to stay where you are liked and settled without disruptions.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like Stockdale but think he is the most replaceable of our side. Few decent PL keepers have contracts expiring. I'd much rather keep him than not but if the choice was between keeping Stephens or Stockdale it would be Stephens all day.

How much do you think it would cost to replace him? I'd wager it would be a large chunk of our budget to get anyone comparable. Although I think Maenpaa is an able back up.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If any player doesn't want to play for us they can go. We need and want players who want to
play for us. Just cos a team might want DS doesn't mean he wants to go to them.

CH will make sure we have DS or better next season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Stockdale re-tweeted a tweet last week that linked him with #WHU.
The Tweet said the Championship's best goal keeper available on a free was a no-brainer

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Stockdale re-tweeted a tweet last week that linked him with #WHU.
The Tweet said the Championship's best goal keeper available on a free was a no-brainer

though playing behind such a dodgy defense, not such a no brainer?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sigh

It'll come down to money I suspect, but we are in the driving seat as "the club in possession" so to speak.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No way. His agent will be trying to negotiate him the best deal possible, of course.
But he'll be here in August unless he's offered a lifechanging amount of money elsewhere. And that won't be West Ham IMO

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Disagree entirely.

Not doing everything possible to have him sign a new contract would be utterly insane.

He is one of those players that just seem to embody the kind of club we are. Not to mention he's kept an insane amount of clean sheets this season.

Has to stay and I will be devastated if he goes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Disagree entirely.

Not doing everything possible to have him sign a new contract would be utterly insane.

He is one of those players that just seem to embody the kind of club we are. Not to mention he's kept an insane amount of clean sheets this season.

This with Christmas lights on, he is BHAFC we must keep him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Disagree entirely.

Absolutely this. I frequently talk to a long-standing Fulham fan who, in almost every conversation about Football, gets in something about never understanding why they let Stockdale go, and for exactly the reasons given here.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Replaceable? Are you insane? He is an absolute top quality keeper. Like gold dust. The thing that makes me most nervous about next season is whether we will resign Stockdale. He is essential to our chances

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Disagree entirely.

Agree - probably earned us around 15 points this season with saves at crucial times in matches, not to mention the penalty saves. Has come on leaps and bounds with us, and is a good organiser of the back four. Would be gutted if he left

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agree - probably earned us around 15 points this season with saves at crucial times in matches, not to mention the penalty saves. Has come on leaps and bounds with us, and is a good organiser of the back four. Would be gutted if he left

at beginning of the season was thinking he looked a bit dodgy but basically got better and better. need to retain him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here