Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What colour were the Wigan shirts?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think it's one of the reasons the tv "highlights" (of the actual football) were so short. Made for confusing viewing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was struggling with the kits, from the WSU i thought Wigan's kit was blue.
Think I may be slightly colour blind as everyone around me said Wigan's kit was clearly green, even my son who is actually colour blind.
Maybe the kit would have been clearer if I hadn't started drinking at 10.30 yesterday morning.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
At least our shirts have stripes and a white back. Their socks and shirts were solid like ours. Very, very similar and Impossible to tell apart on a black and white TV.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought blue along with other people on the bus and some people said green.It did clash with ours though.
I was amazed the teams were playing in kits that practically matched.

Dark turquoise is probably about right.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Certainly one of the away kits with the least contrast to our shirts this season. Could explain why Wigan's passes more often found someone in the crowd than on the pitch :lolol:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Hmmm - not much choice, given what their 3 kits are this season.
Home kit: Blue and White stripes, of course they couldn't use that.
3rd kit: White, they couldn't use that with our plain white shirt backs.
All in all, not a well thought-out set, given the number of other championship clubs that play in blue and white.

I feel they ought at least to have worn their white shorts and socks to try to help.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Whatever the colour actually is its a rubbish choice for an away kit when their home kit is blue. Whilst I suspect at pitch level it was very clear from our view it was definitely a bit of a clash. Thought the same when they wore it at Newcastle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here