Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pitch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Not seen it discussed anywhere else but who else was gobsmacked by the quality of the turf! It was like being on astrotruf. I doubt it hardly suffered any damage at all.

When I look back to similar occasions on the pitch at the Goldstone and Withdean the pitch was never as good as that.

Well done Mr Groundsman, Groundsmen, or Groundswomen I suppose.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Not seen it discussed anywhere else but who else was gobsmacked by the quality of the turf! It was like being on astrotruf. I doubt it hardly suffered any damage at all.

When I look back to similar occasions on the pitch at the Goldstone and Withdean the pitch was never as good as that.

I think Groundspeople would be the acceptable catch-all there.

Or, for those that don't identify as people, Turf Maintenance and Replenishment Engineers.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I call bullshit on this post. You are merely trying to trick people into admitting they were on the pitch yesterday, thereby helping the club invoke banning orders. and for that reason, i am out.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

Ban this man, he must have gone on the pitch ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I couldn't tell from my seat, which obviously I never left at any stage of the celebrations.

:whistle:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It looked marvellous from the Lower West when it wasn't covered in hooligans who blatantly ignored simple instructions from the club.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I was staring in wonderment at how high the stands are from being at pitch level :ohmy:

Actually no, it wasn't me, it was my twin brother telling me that story :wink:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I like grass.

:moo:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Did see some twats actually pulling lumps out of the pitch for a souvenir - unbelievable!

Did see someone had dropped a whole packet of biscuits in the north stand penalty area, crumbs all over the place
Hopefully a CCTV will be able to pick out the culprit, think they were rich teas

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Did see someone had dropped a whole packet of biscuits in the north stand penalty area, crumbs all over the place
Hopefully a CCTV will be able to pick out the culprit, think they were rich teas

???? I just meant it seemed odd to dig up the turf of our home when there's another game to play. It's not like the goldstone when we all took some as it was being dug up anyway. I just thought people would have more respect?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I did notice one or two people on the pitch, I categorically deny I was one of them.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I was quite surprised at how crunchy they were, thought they'd have gone a bit soft

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here