Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pitch

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was fuming with some knobhead on our bus who thought it would be ok to take a small bit of the turf.
His reasoning was it was 'only a tiny bit for a souvenir' He had no reply for my comment of 'What if all 29,000 fans wanted a small Bit'
Well done mate. Yep, there are some f ucking morons and had I saw anyone doing the same I'd have said something or tried to prevent. It was a party and digging up turf is like pissing in the barrel of home brew...people still make home brew don't they?! :)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I'll admit to picking a couple of strands of grass, but certainly more than 3 or 4 tiny strands. Always said I'd taste the turf on the day we went up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Saw one chap celebrating in the middle and smoking a fag, steward came over took the smoke, told the bloke to enjoy himself but no smoking.
Was expecting him to stub it out but off he trundled all the way off the pitch, over the wall and then stood on it on the concrete. Thats pitch dedication for you.
Never saw any biscuits by the way.

Witnessed in its entirety from my seat with binoculars and long range laser audio surveillance device

May 14, 2015
I was amazed at how small the pitch felt when you're standing in the middle, felt like I could put one in top bins from quite a distance( in reality no chance).
Also the West stand in particular really does make you feel enclosed on the pitch, you can see where the pressure comes from, what I considered to be quite an open stadium really does box you in, i can't imagine what it must be like at grounds such as Loftus Road.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was staring in wonderment at how high the stands are from being at pitch level :ohmy:

Actually no, it wasn't me, it was my twin brother telling me that story :wink:
I was part of PI2 (ban me now) and thought the noise at pitch level was also remarkable. Generated by only a few thousand - what must it be like to be down there with 30,000 in the stands bellowing...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The most damage to the pitch was probably caused by kids (of all ages) doing "Knocky style" imaginary goal celebration knee slides etc...

Moshe Jnr did a couple and, looking back, clearly uprooted a few blades of grass in the process - but I was too pissed/excited to think straight about it. Sorry Paul.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Am I the only one who thought it looked quite bad after the second pitch invasion?
I checked it out and thought it was remarkably well. Surprised at the few bits of litter but that can be excused due to widespread extreme drunkenness and was easily cleared up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was told that the grass looked superbly groomed, it smelt of proper grass and the stands looked awsome from pitch level.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
That's it then, you've uncovered the source of revenue which funded the stadium, Mr Bloom is growing weed there.

Proof

Pitch_&_East_Stand_-_Amex_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2634074.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here