Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first club to come in for Hughton....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He's probably lacking the name/profile but if Koeman leaves Everton for a certain Spanish club in the summer then...well, it's possible.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The FA will come for him.

Two years of establishing us and after Southgate takes us out in the group stages in Russia.

A bloke like him would be perfect for the job, always speaks well and says the right thing, zero chance of any newspaper stings.

The new forward looking FA would jump at the chance to appoint a BAME manager.

Then England will win the World Cup and Hughtons statue will be transported to Wembley from outside the AMEX and replaced by the Guardiola statue who has just won us the league and cup double...I might have got carried away with the last bit.

I reckon this is most likely. Great post, even the last bit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we stick by CH then he'll stick by us. And we will IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think the only club that may turn Chris's head may be Tottenham.
He was a legend as a player there

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Fortunately there is this myth doing the rounds that he is pony in the Prem. So I don't see anyone coming in for him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Hughton has found his home here because he actually owns his job and is respected as an equal in the hierarchy setup. He is all but in name our trusted director of football and a manager which he never had this with Newcastle and Norwich and not many clubs trust like this anyway. No other job could be so well suited to him than us, and no manager could we trust more than him. To have the opportunity of molding a club on every footballing level and setting your own standard is a dream for a man like Hughton because he can get his teeth stuck in without fearing fore his job. He knows that his work has only just started here.

At least we know that if we struggle in the Prem and get relegated Hughton has proved he is the best man to get us promoted again.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We should keep even if we are in trouble. As said by earlier poster, would trust him to bring us back up with some assistance from Parachute payments.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Newcastle?

This excert from the local rag up there (Poll: Would you welcome Chris Hughton back one day? stands at 90% yes) hints at unfinished business for Chris if Rafa moves on.. Also he has said on numerous occasions when interviewed that he hopes to see Newcastle win games when they are not playing Brighton.

Hughton should now be viewed for what he is: one of the English football’s most outstanding homegrown managerial talents. Others have made more noise but Hughton’s diligence and professionalism means that he has outgrown and out-lasted bigger names.

United have an outstanding manager in Benitez, who should be given time, resources and space to create a legacy at St James’ Park.

But if, for whatever reason, Benitez does not get a long-term remit at Newcastle, a return for Hughton would be one compelling option for United chiefs. There are few others who have held the job down the years who would be welcomed back. Hughton would.

Perhaps when his side clinch promotion on Monday those who took the decision to sack him at Newcastle will pause and reflect on the fact that maybe he was the man to take them forward after all. A decision that always felt flawed has been made to look ridiculous by Hughton.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm more interested in a pool on the date the first "Hughton Out" thread-and-poll goes up.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Our club is very special and I think Hughton knows this. If you watch his speech to the board / Tony Bloom during the celebrations yesterday it is clear that there is a very good, strong working relationship within BHA. Money / business was mentioned but the response was that we are more of a family and we want to do the best for our club, not make money. I genuinely don't think Chris will be going anywhere.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Newcastle?

This excert from the local rag up there (Poll: Would you welcome Chris Hughton back one day? stands at 90% yes) hints at unfinished business for Chris if Rafa moves on.. Also he has said on numerous occasions when interviewed that he hopes to see Newcastle win games when they are not playing Brighton.

There is absolutely zero chance he leave us for them after the way he was treated.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I reckon this is most likely. Great post, even the last bit.

I think thats the least likely scenario.

He would hate the not working with players on a day to day basis. Thats what motivates him. A lot of Managers don't even do any of their own coaching. CH is involved in all the coaching at the clubs he has been at.

I think he would love to be really successful at Brighton. Thats going to take 3 to 4 years to achieve because it's a position of catch up to teams already up there to get the who have already invested millions in their squads.

I don't really like threads like this but one thing I would say is. Money is not what motivates the guy in the slightest, so I just think that the only clubs that would be tempting would be Champions League Clubs and thats only because he has never managed at that level. And to be honest, those clubs I don't think he will be on their radar.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think thats the least likely scenario.

He would hate the not working with players on a day to day basis. Thats what motivates him. A lot of Managers don't even do any of their own coaching. CH is involved in all the coaching at the clubs he has been at.

I think he would love to be really successful at Brighton. Thats going to take 3 to 4 years to achieve because it's a position of catch up to teams already up there to get the who have already invested millions in their squads.

I don't really like threads like this but one thing I would say is. Money is not what motivates the guy in the slightest, so I just think that the only clubs that would be tempting would be Champions League Clubs and thats only because he has never managed at that level. And to be honest, those clubs I don't think he will be on their radar.

True but in a few years time he'll be over 60 and maybe wanting to wind down the day to day involvement. Also, his commitment to trying to get more black managers in the English game is well documented. It's a cause that he's been quite vocal about. His temperament, the FA's desire to get a black manager and all the other factors could align at the right time to make Hughton's appointment a natural one.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
True but in a few years time he'll be over 60 and maybe wanting to wind down the day to day involvement. Also, his commitment to trying to get more black managers in the English game is well documented. It's a cause that he's been quite vocal about. His temperament, the FA's desire to get a black manager and all the other factors could align at the right time to make Hughton's appointment a natural one.

No not yet. His drive for day to day football with the lads is still as strong. As for the ''more black managers in football management'' Thats one reason not to take the job as England Manager's job. Stay out there in club football, be successful you are allowed to get on with job.

Don't pick the players that the Press want you to pick then they target you. England job is the worst job in the world because of the shit which the Press give the Manager. Why would he put himself through that. He is a clever clever man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here