Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£4-5 million to be spent of the stadium...

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Makes you wonder - if the Amex needs all that dosh spending on it to reach the standards, how do Bournemouth or Palace meet the standard with their respective grounds?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That is not the point. The point is the fact that we have got to do it to reach the standards required and we didnt have that in place with the original build as the Premier was always our target. and we have been on TV a few times.

That's simply because they keep upping the standards.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Source? Sky certainly seem to think our current state-of-the-art plug'n'play TV facilities are the Best Thing Ever, judging by the number of Friday evenings they seem to like spending down here. Or maybe they've just been here for the nightlife?

They pencil in our home games for Friday evenings, so they can stay on, and enjoy the whole weekend by the seaside.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Space for studio at south end in wall? Failing that there's space above SE corner seating but I would rather they fill that with seating, it's the only part of the stadium that looks "unfinished".

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That is not the point. The point is the fact that we have got to do it to reach the standards required and we didnt have that in place with the original build as the Premier was always our target. and we have been on TV a few times.
Is there a chance that the required standards have changed since the stadium was built?

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Barber listed other items this morning on BBC Sussex - that are also included in the £5m - £1m on HD floodlights; extending the facilities for the written press (and their seating?) and completion of the digital advertising boards. I believe someone else mentioned before (Barber at a forum) that there was a requirement for additional facilities outside the ground under premier rules (toilets?)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Surely that's just good business planning. A few years ago the stadium was built to PL spec, since then they may have introduced some additional requirements and PB, as a good CEO, has said OK, we'll do that when we need to rather than increasing the risk to FFP when they weren't required.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've been saying it for years, our floodlights just aren't good enough!

Now looks what's happened! If only the club had listened to me, they wouldn't be in such a major crisis right now!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This was all covered maybe last summer? I definitely have read about this some time ago from PB, probably even on here. Still, imagine how much other clubs had to pay if we still have to do that much. Bournemouth, Burnley must have had to spend double that and I can't imagine how much work would have to go into Sheff Wed, Hudders and some of the other playoff contenders.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
If the club spend 4-5 million on the stadium I still struggle to find somewhere to put my beer down on the concourse I'm going to start questioning the clubs priorities.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Next year it will be a 3 course meal and wine for all the TV staff involved before and after the game plus accommodation in our hotel if TB gets permission to build it.

It won't be. But it's hardly unreasonable for the TV companies to be able to specify studios etc anyway - seeing as that's where the money comes from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here