Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

Anyone else NOT hang around ?

1 Not allowed!
    I only stayed about 20 minutes after final whistle last night as my boy hadn't eaten since early morning & needed food - being coeliac he couldn't get anything at the ground.We'd been at a family do the night before and only had a few hours kip all weekend; we left Devon at 0800, drove home to Eastbourne to drop wifey off and raced back to the Amex.
    Got home, ordered a take away curry and lobbed a couple of beers and a large brandy down to celebrate. Fell asleep in the chair just after 9.
    "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I stayed for about an hour afterwards but had to head back up to london eventually. Really wanted to stay until the end of the Hudds game but couldn't make it work. Seeing all of the videos of the late night shenannigans is making me very jealous.

Funny how people were saying that the pitch would be cleared in 10 minutes , what time did the last person leave the pitch do we think?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by happypig View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I only stayed about 20 minutes after final whistle last night as my boy hadn't eaten since early morning & needed food - being coeliac he couldn't get anything at the ground.We'd been at a family do the night before and only had a few hours kip all weekend; we left Devon at 0800, drove home to Eastbourne to drop wifey off and raced back to the Amex.
      Got home, ordered a take away curry and lobbed a couple of beers and a large brandy down to celebrate. Fell asleep in the chair just after 9.
      Not sure what would be a good estimate of the number left in the ground for the celebrations from 7.00pm onwards...? Perhaps around 3K...?
      Boxing Day 1979 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan Att. 28,358

St. Patrick's Day 2013 (h) W 3-0 L.Ulloa (2), Sp.Dave Att. 28,499

0 Not allowed!
      Hung around for a fair bit but, annoyingly, left just before Derby equalised. Can safely say I didn't think I'd be celebrating the moment we mathematically clinched it on a train carriage as it pulled back into Brighton.
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Stayed in WSU for about 5 or 10 minutes at the end, then wandered round to the East. Went into the stand to watch a few players prove they can't sing then went back to my local for the 2nd half of Derby Huddersfield. Very odd day for me celebrating promotion stone cold sober as I'm on antibiotics right now so couldn't drink
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?
      Muslamic Infidel

0 Not allowed!
      I had to get home for the kids as their Mum was working, I was back home by 6:30pm and managed to catch the last 30 seconds of the Huddersfield game before leaping around the front room with my 6 and 5 year olds.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

0 Not allowed!
      We stayed for an hour or so, boys needed feeding after exciting day.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightn'ove View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I stayed for about an hour afterwards but had to head back up to london eventually. Really wanted to stay until the end of the Hudds game but couldn't make it work. Seeing all of the videos of the late night shenannigans is making me very jealous.

Funny how people were saying that the pitch would be cleared in 10 minutes , what time did the last person leave the pitch do we think?
      Think we eventually sloped off the pitch about 7.30 after TB did his final speech (or it might have been CH - can't even remember which way round they were !)
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

5 Not allowed!
      The girlfriend told me that her sister would find my attendance at the Amex yesterday to be unforgivably sinful. The girlfriend fainted in the cinema a couple of days prior and is more than halfway through the full production of a first Meade Jr. Girlfriend Meade, though, understood entirely that I could nowhere else but at our hallowed home, so there I went, a hobble to the pitch to cheer and shake to follow, a quick pint on the jubilant concourse, and home to her to find her conscious. All in all, it went well. Although I would love to have been able to see the night through singing through the streets, and probably yacking on someone's porch.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Was on the pitch for about 20 mins, but we had a coach curfew unfortunately...