Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else NOT hang around ?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
We had a bus to catch - Seagulls Travel - so hung around for the first few minutes and witnessed the pitch invasion and drank in the atmosphere.... whereas my brother would normally charge down the steps at the final whistle.

Our bus left a bit late, but not too much so, and we were 5 passengers short out of what should have been an almost full bus.

Similar for me. Shame, if I'd known it would go on for so long I would have stuck about and got the train home instead. Ah well, how good does it feel to be in the PREMIER LEAGUE :albion2:. Here's to hoping the Bristol party will be as good - no bus to catch after that one!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Take her out the weekend before. Usually works for me. With the Norwich game on a Friday night this makes things a little easier.

As she's half way through her 4th Prosecco, and allowing enough time for the fillet steak (that you've paid for) to reach her digestive system, just subtly mention how gutted you are about missing the promotion celebrations (it's important you milk this bit and look as pitiful as possible). Follow this up with an all is not lost explanation about the league title against Brizzle, and your pass will be issued just as she's tucking into her chocolate torte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've done that before [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Similar for me. Shame, if I'd known it would go on for so long I would have stuck about and got the train home instead. Ah well, how good does it feel to be in the PREMIER LEAGUE :albion2:. Here's to hoping the Bristol party will be as good - no bus to catch after that one!

We will be on the bus again after Bristol, but already know the leaving time will be later. Monday probably took the travel people by surprise.

Not that worried about missing all the fuss. My brother describes his feelings as "quiet satisfaction". We can quite understand the seeming Glenn Murray attitude of not going wild, and don't see the fact that he is not celebrating as ominous, as some seem to have done. I, too, would be letting the other nutjobs get on with it.

Boring that might sound, but I am happy as I am.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My Dad was waiting in the car to give me a lift - so had to disappear 10 minutes after full-time.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On the pitch at the end, until the players went back inside. Then WSL concourse for a beer, to hug friends, and one or two strangers, and meet the other members of my family (STH's in three different stands). Stayed until HT in the Derby Hudds game, then back to my folks' for a nice takeaway curry and a few more drinks. Follwed the train / town carnage on twitter through the evening, and enjoyed it from afar - a bit jealous not to be in the thick of it, but family and that :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Had a shocker. WSU emptied quite quickly during the Huddersfield game and so for some, possibly beer-related reason, decided I wasn't too bothered about the result as we were up anyway. Caught a virtually empty train into town, to be walking down North Road around the time the Hudds match ended. Tried a couple of pubs which bar a few Albion shirts were pretty much deserted and low key, so went for something to eat - also very low key. Walked home via North Street/Western Road, chatting about how disappointing it was that it was so quiet everywhere! Got in, quick look on Twitter and absolute mental SCENES. Players on people's shoulders, dancing in the streets, crowd surfing on the train... all from about 10 minutes earlier. I don't think I'll ever understand quite how we managed to spend about 2 hours in town and miss absolutely everything :shootself:shrug::wozza:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here