Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yeh but no but yeh but no but...

Mate pack it in. You've won a few battles but not the war. Even if you win this election you won't have won the war this time either - the post-war settlement was an epochal moment for Britain and it's going to take much more than that

That is an excellent non sequitur!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I will vote Labour. It matters not who is the leader we are not living in a dictatorship. Policy is not one person. So not wanting to vote for Corbyn is ridiculous . Brighton are not a one player team, are they? By all means vote Conservative if you want to kiss goodbye to the NHS , if you want a divided country/team. The Union should dissolve finally, farewell Scotland therefore like getting rid of your best striker (Scotland privides a large chunk of our military as well as intellectual property). Your children will suffer the lottery of an even greater divide in the Education system ( Grammers, Public schools, Free schools , Academys et al) bit like signing too many midfielders. As for work, well no security there, no rights and should you fall through the system, no welfare state. Finally if you have survived, no pension. The state one is moved to 70+? Most will never see it so in effect abolished. So many more negatives , just think about it.

You say that but just cast your mind back to the aftermath of the Brexit vote, the amount of elected Labour mp's who resigned the shadow cabinet etc, Corbyn could not possibly survive, but he did! The unelectable left saw to that.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
The Labour party (I am not a member) is a broad church. It will always be so and for me that is a positive. Far more preferable to the I'm all right Jack , individual over the community attitude of the Teresa 'May' be May be not' brigade. Back to my football comparison. Its better to have a team of diferent talents than a bunch of individuals all chasing the same ball

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh dear the potential protest vote intimated by most of you for the Lib dems will only give May a bigger majority than she could've ever of dreamt off. Your all playing into her hands by splitting the vote amongst the also rans

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If anything it is a good opportunity to vote against May for going for a hard Brexit when that wasn't specific on the ballot paper.

Won't change anything, probably, but will be good to say 'take that, May, you tool' when voting [emoji38]ol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
"Corbyn means well but he's a bit shit, that's why I'm going to vote for some rich people who want me to die"

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Mrs May all the way in my opinion. She's the only one even slightly up to the task of running the country. Not that it really affects me that much anymore.

D

Deleted member 2719

Living in Brighton Pavilion I’ll be voting Green, anywhere else Lib Dem.

Why do you need to vote Green when living in Brighton Pavilion???

Are the Greens part of a Mafia???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But they are not going to offer free trade are they? They will want to politically punish freeloading nations like the UK who think they can get all the benefits of a free trade area without contributing to it. You think that won't happen? Just read what European politicians are saying unflltered by the lies of the Tory press. Yes I know that requires you to do a bit of work rather than just uncritically accept the garbage you are fed, but heigh-ho, try it

Rather than insults you could apply some critical reading yourself. Just because it's a known factor that EU want to be seen to punish UK and deny free trade, it doesnt mean it is a negotiation objective to not try to attain that, or as close as possible. And what I hear European politicians say changes with their nationality, position and views on EU federalism. There are certainly some that would accept security for their citizens over free trade, the onus is then on us how far that might go. You seem to have made up your mind what the objectives are based on blind partisan politics then pretend it's from independent thought.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Mrs May all the way in my opinion. She's the only one even slightly up to the task of running the country. Not that it really affects me that much anymore.

Yet not up for a pre-election debate on the tele?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have voted UKIP recently, but now with job done and no Nigel Farage (and a Conservative PM who seems to be doing a good job) I shall probably switch back to the Conservatives.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't vote Tory. Can't vote Labour with Corbyn as leader, probably would with Miliband (D). Would never vote UKIP or BNP. Little point voting Green or Lib Dem. Can't not vote.

I'm buggered basically.

I'm here also.

Has to be Tory though as i feel it's the only party to deliver Brexit properly. When Corbyn goes i will go back to labour providing they find a suitable replacement.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Farron just on C4 unable to clarify his views on the gay community, we are 'all sinners' apparently. It's 2017 Tim, can't believe people plan to vote for this joker.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Farron just on C4 unable to clarify his views on the gay community, we are 'all sinners' apparently. It's 2017 Tim, can't believe people plan to vote for this joker.

Seriously, from the Liberals?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Having put myself in a position of with-holding my Conservative vote due to David Cameron's reckless way of handling Brexit,i find myself voting UKIP for this election..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here