Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What policies?. Throw more money and get into further debt.

You do realise that the National debt is current increasing under a tory government?

Also post Brexit expect it to continue to rise faster...

larus

The tories have nearly trippled national debt and all we have to show for it is cuts to services and stagnant real terms wage growth.

Therefore, I assume that you would happily support more austerity? No, I thought not.
So what will it be? Tax the rich (those earning more than £70k as if they're rich). Close the loopholes?
It's widely accepted this this does not raise that much money. The problem is demographic and promises made to various groups. The reality is we can't have the level of public services/pensions/retirement/benefits etc. based on the level of taxation and the number of taxpayers.

Until there is is a sensible debate in the country which does not boil down to 'left-wing spongers and right-wing toffs' etc. then we will get this constant pack of lies from both parties.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You do realise that the National debt is current increasing under a tory government?

Also post Brexit expect it to continue to rise faster...

Yes, i realise, thank god Labour are not at the helm, be far worse.

" post Brexit expect it to continue to rise faster"......expect, we expected many things post Brexit didn't we.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like Corbyn much but you can't let the Tories continue to destroy our country because of personal dislike of Corybn. Vote policies not leaders.
Why don't you like Corbyn? I don't mind him as a person, in fact I prefer him to most PMs we've had. It's his policies I don't like.

But vote to give us the best Brexit deal.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why don't you like Corbyn? I don't mind him as a person, in fact I prefer him to most PMs we've had. It's his policies I don't like.

But vote to give us the best Brexit deal.

There isn't any deal if you vote for the Lib Dems, they just want to reverse the result, and so would the Labour party given half a chance. Going to have to go with the Tories on this one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There isn't any deal if you vote for the Lib Dems, they just want to reverse the result
So if that's what you want and you think it's a possibility, maybe you should vote for them.
and so would the Labour party given half a chance.
They say they wouldn't. My concern would be that they would kill our economy. It was bad enough with right wing New Labour, can you imagine the **** up if Corbyn was in charge :eek:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Therefore, I assume that you would happily support more austerity? No, I thought not.
Yes, austerity is the new dirty word - mustn't be allowed to be acceptable in civilised society,

So what will it be? Tax the rich (those earning more than £70k as if they're rich).
I think you'll find that a large majority of people in this country (and probably an awful lot of us NSCers too) would indeed regard £70K a year as riches we can only dream of!

The problem is demographic and promises made to various groups. The reality is we can't have the level of public services/pensions/retirement/benefits etc. based on the level of taxation and the number of taxpayers.
So.......austerity it must be then, inevitably. Quite a conundrum..........................

D

Deleted member 22389

Seems to me a lot of Labour supporters want a free lunch. Stop living in this Corbyn idealistic dream land, the government doesn't have enough money. It doesn't matter who is in charge there is absolutely nothing politicians can do to reverse the trend. There are just too many people and not enough money going back in to the system to pay for it, unless people are prepared to a pay bit more and we all know the general answer to that.

Is this a wind up

Last edited by a moderator:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It seems that post Brexit the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) is attempting to rebrand itself as the United Kingdom Islamophobic Party (UKIP). I guess that keeping the ‘I’ will save money on branding logos etc. now Mr Money bags has left.

I expect there are a few on here who will lap this stuff up, this surely can’t be a good thing though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems that post Brexit the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) is attempting to rebrand itself as the United Kingdom Islamophobic Party (UKIP). I guess that keeping the ‘I’ will save money on branding logos etc. now Mr Money bags has left.

I expect there are a few on here who will lap this stuff up, this surely can’t be a good thing though?
We just don't need UKIP any more. They campaigned to get the UK out of the EU, they got their wish, so there's no real need for the party any more.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We just don't need UKIP any more. They campaigned to get the UK out of the EU, they got their wish, so there's no real need for the party any more.

The wish hasn't yet been completed and with the Lib Dems pushing for another referendum I'd suggest an organised UKIP is needed ..... problem being, they are no longer organised. Obviously this view point somewhat depends if you are a leaver or a remainer !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The wish hasn't yet been completed and with the Lib Dems pushing for another referendum I'd suggest an organised UKIP is needed
Surely if you want Brexit to go ahead, you just don't vote Lib Dem, and voting UKIP would be less useful than voting Tory.

Obviously this view point somewhat depends if you are a leaver or a remainer !
We should be able to understand the point of UKIP regardless of what we want.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

It's something of an irony that when UKIP advocate a policy that is already in force in Bulgaria, Belgium and France, parts of Italy and Switzerland and also advocated by the current leader of Germany, that they would be subject to derision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14261921

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ugee-crisis-elections-term-vote-a7458536.html

For once I would have thought those who advocate European unity would congratulate UKIP for falling in with other European countries policies.

If it's good enough for them why is not suitable for the UK...........am I missing something?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It's something of an irony that when UKIP advocate a policy that is already in force in Bulgaria, Belgium and France, parts of Italy and Switzerland and also advocated by the current leader of Germany, that they would be subject to derision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14261921

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ugee-crisis-elections-term-vote-a7458536.html

For once I would have thought those who advocate European unity would congratulate UKIP for falling in with other European countries policies.

If it's good enough for them why is not suitable for the UK...........am I missing something?

Quite right, but i think you are p1ssing in the wind with most on here, ok for others but the same does not apply to UKIP.
Anyway, it's pointless keep using UKIP as a punch bag, they achieved what they wanted, time to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here