Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
In a 'first past the post' system, that's game over then.

Unless any of the contenders are smart enough to see that, and respond by promoting some form of coalition, during the campaigning weeks. Can anyone see that?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
In a 'first past the post' system, that's game over then.

Unless any of the contenders are smart enough to see that, and respond by promoting some form of coalition, during the campaigning weeks. Can anyone see that?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]854408159276003329[/tweet]

You want to hear his views on abortion too. Very illiberal.

and what is wrong with his neck? cant seem to hold his head up.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
i look forward to seeing if Labour will present an economically honest manifesto, with tax rises to pay for the £100bn's spending they'll promise. or will they just peddle the £500bn borrowing-thats-not-borrowing money tree myth they've been trying for the past two years?

Come off it, hard brexit is their objective. May has even said a WTO deal is likely! But look, GDP contracting x per cent will minimally affect the rich, like austerity it will be ordinary wokers who will pay for it when job losses and no wage rises come, along with more privatisation of the NHS. Only a Labour vote can stop that - choose wisely

Our family have been Labour for 50 years but none of us can bring ourselves to vote for Corbin. Frankly he scares us. In an unstable world how can anyone really vote for a man who wants to sit down and chat to terrorists to try and persuade them to stop blowing up innocent civilians around the world. If he became PM then our relationship with the US would collapse too - a pacifist UK wont carry much weight in a world dominated by a strong-willed NATO partner. Trump took the decision to act first after the Syrian gassing. What would Corbin do - invite Hassad around for a cup of tea???

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Pleased with this really. Europhiles will hopefully be hammered and the message finally nailed into their foreheads!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Pleased with this really. Europhiles will hopefully be hammered and the message finally nailed into their foreheads!

Have you ever thought that "Nailing a message in to somebody's forehead" might not have the effect that you might desire.

My response would be to tell you to stick your message where the sun doesn't shine.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
i look forward to seeing if Labour will present an economically honest manifesto, with tax rises to pay for the £100bn's spending they'll promise. or will they just peddle the £500bn borrowing-thats-not-borrowing money tree myth they've been trying for the past two years?

The Tories have borrowed far more money since they've been in power than the last Labour government. Tories being the prudent party is a myth.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This IS a brexit election. A Brexit thread back on the main board where the original one should have remained.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Looking at three months of polling or even 3 years or 30 years doesn't determine the political character of a nation - that is decided by long-term trends on dominating political ideas (the so-called Overton window). The British people remain committed to the core centre left ideas of a welfare state, free education, free healthcare and progressive taxation. For sure Thatcherism and her political heirs have been nibbling away at that consensus for many years but they have still not won that battle and turned the UK into America. Look at those Kippers who still say they think the NHS is great - the Attlee legacy is unbroken

I think you might find that this is what taxes pay for -presumably you don't pay any tax, hence your assertion that it is all free.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The Tories have borrowed far more money since they've been in power than the last Labour government. Tories being the prudent party is a myth.

yes, because there was never real austerity only cutting spending growth. and they will carry on borrowing unless you want billions of real terms cuts (or rising taxes). Labour want to accelerate borrowing, adding on about £100bn each year with no plan to ever reduce it. or will they present a new more credible alternative?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
A question for those with more knowledge than I, if a party who want to remain win this election, can they reverse Article 50? If so I will vote for that party.

A coalition majority of Labour/LD/SNP will kill Brexit. It won't happen though because Nanny will win.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fing politics, 7 weeks of having to listen to winging pricks like Farron and Corbyn telling everyone how unfair everything is. Bullshite leaflets being posted through the door again promising the world, give me fing strength.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here