Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing that matters is Brexit.

Governments come and go, Brexit is a one of issue. Do whatever you think will give us the best deal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is hoping to be one heck of a binfest!

Not sure which way I will vote but it can't be Tory.

May will use any mandate she gets to push through more austerity and silence critics in her own party and in the Commons. This is not about only Brexit, this is about getting her Grammar schools project up and running and NIC's for the self employed raised and subtle privatisation of the NHS by stealth. These are just the tip of the iceberg, expect further cuts in welfare and education. If May wins this pray you don't get a life changing illness or condition and lose your job.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
All I am going to say is that the only way the Tories will lose this election is if everyone who doesn't vote Tory votes tactically, for the candidate in their constituency most likely to defeat the Tory candidate. Plenty of stuff on the internet already guiding tactical voting strategies. If the Tories do win, then at least I can watch the calamitous cluster**** of Brexit emerge in their hands and destroy their credibility for a generation. Shame they'll **** the country up in the process.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes very true, and nice, but its also standard practice to suspend professionals from work in the event of serious allegations.

Very nice theoretically,but a lot slip through the cracks,like Jowell.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
B'stard for prime minister.....

I will be waiting to see the manifestos but do not hold out too much hope for labour unless they do massive U turns on their policies of envy, defence and unions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All I am going to say is that the only way the Tories will lose this election is if everyone who doesn't vote Tory votes tactically, for the candidate in their constituency most likely to defeat the Tory candidate. Plenty of stuff on the internet already guiding tactical voting strategies. If the Tories do win, then at least I can watch the calamitous cluster**** of Brexit emerge in their hands and destroy their credibility for a generation. Shame they'll **** the country up in the process.

Tactical voting is the preserve of people who can't commit to their opinions / beliefs.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The voters are actually going to be asked if they want the following:
Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister
John MacDonnell as Chancellor
Diane Abbott as Home Secretary Stop laughing......
Emily Thornberry as Foreign Secretary She loves the English.
It is not a joke, Labour are actually fielding those candidates.
Theresa May cannot believe her luck. A more useless opposition front bench you could not hope to find.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Tactical voting is the preserve of people who can't commit to their opinions / beliefs.

Or they're just pragmatists making the most of system that isn't fit for purpose.

Also they can still be voting for their beliefs/opinions, i.e. the belief of not wanting a particular party to win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The voters are actually going to be asked if they want the following:
Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister
John MacDonnell as Chancellor
Diane Abbott as Home Secretary Stop laughing......
Emily Thornberry as Foreign Secretary She loves the English.
It is not a joke, Labour are actually fielding those candidates.
Theresa May cannot believe her luck. A more useless opposition front bench you could not hope to find.

With hateful communist Len McCluskey their paymaster.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well who would put their money on this one.

It's sort of like the play offs except you can end up with two going up.

I struggle to vote (booo) because I've always lived in very safe seats. There are STILL people who vote for the eventual winner (The PM), end up with a different MP and still think they made a difference.

Personally I'm not sure what they are up to. The country is so split, Labour is in a total mess we could end up with a Tory Coalition again if the opportunistic Lib Dems get their arse in gear.

I'd probably put my money on the Tories cementing their position with still half the people in the country either not voting or voting for a losing candidate.

If ever there was a reason to change the voting system and force people to work together for the good of the country it is now.

Won't happen. I had a little time for May when she suggested we had staff representation on boards which appears to work very well abroad. Mutual Capitalism if you will.

Disappeared out the window just like Big Society.

They are all frankly quite useless but as mentioned above useless USELESS opposition which allows a minority with the loudest voice to rule the roost. Lib Dems believing they can reverse Brexit, Labour controlled by people who probably don't actually want power.

I'm hoping for a Lib Dem / Tory coalition just for the entertainment.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Latest Times/YouGov poll carried out in last two days gives Tories 24 point lead over Labour.

Can't remember such a lead with an incumbent Government and suggests it isn't going to be close unless the Tories do something utterly stupid in the next 6 weeks.

My feeling is that it will actually be good for Labour as the inept crew they have assembled will be cleared out and hopefully a decent Opposition will emerge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really hope there's an upset and May gets put back in her place. Unfortunately I doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here