Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a known Tory on here I voted.........undecided, as I am also a remainer..........

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Looking forward to Enrest predicting a Corbyn victory! :lol:

Lib Dem or Green. And I've previously voted Tory in every election since 2001.

Still can't quite believe she's done this but seeing as I can't stand what May and her party are doing to this country then it does give a protest opportunity.

A question for those with more knowledge than I, if a party who want to remain win this election, can they reverse Article 50? If so I will vote for that party.

Both the Lib Dems and Greens are promising that. One snag - they've no chance of wining a General Election. But could take enough votes away from Labour to give the Tories the mandate for the hardest of hard Brexits. If you want to preserve some meaningful relationship with Europe, a Labour government is the only realistic thing that can deliver that

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Of course he doesn't - he's a democrat and respects the will of the people unlike most machine politicians. But we can withdraw from the EU's political bodies without damaging the economy, which is what hard Brexit will do.

By that same logic, Teresa May is a populist who respects the will of the people.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Lib Dem, first time in maybe 25 years or so.

Dont agree with much of their economic policies but farron gets my vote. The Tories wont get my vote again for the foreseeable future after making an internal party fight a national one, and a result they were ill prepared for

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Undecided. I will not vote Conservative or UKIP. I WANT to vote labour but they have FAILED. I could vote Liberal Democrats but they are TINPOT. I wouldn't mind voting Green but that will have NO impact.

It's a mess.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Sad state of affairs, isn't it? Politicans talk about obtaining a 'mandate' to govern. But, in reality, at least 1/3 of people vote tactically as their views have no chance of being represented in their constituency.

Say what you want about the 2016 referendum: at least everyone's decision represented their views. Perhaps popular vote would be a better way of choosing a government. Then let them allocate MP's accordingly.

That's one of the main reasons I vote Lib Dem. They are the only ones (apart from Green) who would change the ridiculous and erroneously named FPTP voting system.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course he doesn't - he's a democrat and respects the will of the people unlike most machine politicians. But we can withdraw from the EU's political bodies without damaging the economy, which is what hard Brexit will do.

how do you reckon that isnt Davis plan? maximum withdraw with minimum economic impact would be obvious aim for brexit. this fixation with "hard brexit" being a target is in the minds of opponents, because they once said they are prepared for that if the EU doesn't play nicely.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Another lying scumbag of a politician.

I was actually starting to feel rather impressed by May, which as a lifelong Labour voter was surprising even me.

But after making a clear statement last Autumn that she would never call a GE before 2020, she has gone and done it. How can anybody vote for the Tories when they have a bare-faced liar as their leader?

I am done with it all. Voted Brexit but leaving the EU will now never happen.

My mate always said ignorance of all politics is freedom, we laughed but looking at his happy face every day I do agree.

Won't bother voting ever again and shall just concentrate on our premier league debut.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Scottish independence ref ---> General election ---> EU ref ----> GE2017 ----> Indyref2

This political rollercoaster is becoming as unpredictable as the Albion's history of relegations and promotions!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Lib Dims is who I'll vote for in the "which party do you dislike the least" election.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are people already deciding who they would vote for without consulting the party manifestos?

I've never quite understood how people can say "Oh, I vote tory". Surely every time an election comes up you assess the promises each party pledges and vote based on who suits your requirements/beliefs.

Sure, you can argue no one sticks to their promises, but in my mind you have to go on that otherwise your basing it on naff all.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Are people already deciding who they would vote for without consulting the party manifestos?

I've never quite understood how people can say "Oh, I vote tory". Surely every time an election comes up you assess the promises each party pledges and vote based on who suits your requirements/beliefs.

Sure, you can argue no one sticks to their promises, but in my mind you have to go on that otherwise your basing it on naff all.

I reckon so.

You know what you get with May as she has her hard Brexit record out there, and as for Jeremy " Let's have nuclear subs with no missiles " Corbyn we can pretty much guess.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This is Brexit2 and is not a general election in the true sence as such it's a very clear choice between the Tories or ?? all the other parties need to get behind one side or the other.

Labour are going to loose loads of seats, the greens might retain the one seat, the SNP will retain most of Scotland but I suspect the Lid Dems might take a few seats back, The Welsh nationals I think will take a hits to the benifit of the Lib Dems.

It needs all the opposition parties to form a coalition of the alternatives to the Tories and to come up with a plan to defeat them agreements to not stand candidates in areas that would be unwind able and to encourage their supporters to back which ever party would have the best chance of beating the Tories.

We all know Brexit is and will happen what we don't have is a team negotiating that reflects all of the nations views

The alternative is a walk over for the Tories with all the opposition in disarray

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
My worry is lots of undecided or labour voters will vote for Lib Dema for their pro Europe stance which will split the vote and give Tories an even bigger majority

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Its all so convoluted its difficult to know, as was the Brexit vote, the two should always have been held hand in hand imo with Party Leaders being transparent with their intentions & manifesto

Perhaps we will get that now, UK politics needs a real shake up even if it means parties splitting up (rather than saving their own skin) and new allegiances being made. Much of the Brexit vote was more a protest against the Tories and policies. Hoping to be able to make a clear decision but any party offering remain other than the Tories has a good chance with me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here