Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Patronising the many millions (non Tory) who also voted Brexit. They seek a Briton free of control by unelected officials and judges in Brussels and at the ECJ, on an unelected road map to a European super state, rather than the purely Economic Community set out in the early 1970's. The majority of voters want anyone other than Corbyn/Abbott/McDonnell as the one to deliver that.

Labour's fortunes might improve massively once Brexit is complete and once they shed their Momentum/Union biased hard left stance on everything.
Bloody this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
General Election - first poll

So the Liberal Party are not contesting Brighton Pav. instead supporting Caroline Lucas citing reasons including "Fighting the Tories" and Brexit. Pathetic if you ask me, since when were the Tories a threat in this seat, all they are doing is taking votes from the Labour Party and Brexit, well enough said!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
And likewise I don't think people voting Labour for the greater good are correct either, because more often than not I think Labour damage our economy leading to everyone being worse off in the long run.

Are you, genuinely, trying to argue that that the Tory party, rather than Labour is the home of those who care for the most in need? That is, at best, delusional.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You are moaning about UKIP's policy of banning the burka.

The very same policy exists in law in a number of European countries and regions. It is a policy also being advocated in Germany by Merkel.

If you (or anyone else) is going to moan about UKIP's islamaphobic policy of banning the burka you should be clear you are denouncing a well established wider European law that has been approved as legal by the European Court of Human Rights.

By not establishing this context in your critique of a UKIP policy you appear to be bigoted against UKIP because it's UKIP, not because you actually disapprove of the policy. Bigotry is ugly in any form.

Clear enough?

Perhaps I need to be more concise with you - What is the point of this policy, from a UKIP perspective? You will recall that my argument was that I suspect UKIP's motives for the policy were somewhat different from the academic quoted earlier. It could be that UKIP have taken to concerning themselves with the history of Islam and how that is interwoven with the complex cultures of the middle east, that the wearing of the burka is a statement rather than a real reflection of the teaching of the Quran, probabaly not though.

From Labour we hear about scrapping the brexit bill, free school meals for all, minimum wage of £10 p/h, from the Lib Dems a hypothecated tax for the NHS, even the Tories have the cap on energy prices. UKIP? Ban the burka, ban sharia law, halting the creation of Islamic faith shools. You say bigot, I say seeing the evidence that's staring one in the face.

D

Deleted member 22389

Perhaps I need to be more concise with you - What is the point of this policy, from a UKIP perspective? You will recall that my argument was that I suspect UKIP's motives for the policy were somewhat different from the academic quoted earlier. It could be that UKIP have taken to concerning themselves with the history of Islam and how that is interwoven with the complex cultures of the middle east, that the wearing of the burka is a statement rather than a real reflection of the teaching of the Quran, probabaly not though.

From Labour we hear about scrapping the brexit bill, free school meals for all, minimum wage of £10 p/h, from the Lib Dems a hypothecated tax for the NHS, even the Tories have the cap on energy prices. UKIP? Ban the burka, ban sharia law, halting the creation of Islamic faith shools. You say bigot, I say seeing the evidence that's staring one in the face.

Like I asked another user, do you live near an Islamic community? You might say what has this to do with what you say, but when people start being called bigots that annoys me. I used to see the Burqa being worn everyday where I used to live, I didn't like it, and quite honestly it scared me and along with everything else I wondered if I was living in my own country anymore. That's how it makes some people feel, because it so different to what we are used too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you, genuinely, trying to argue that that the Tory party, rather than Labour is the home of those who care for the most in need?
They wouldn't be described as 'the home of', but yes of course I think those in need do better long term without Labour. If we always had Labour governments we'd be like Greece, and while it's a bloody good party, it has to end one day.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Like I asked another user, do you live near an Islamic community? You might say what has this to do with what you say, but when people start being called bigots that annoys me. I used to see the Burqa being worn everyday where I used to live, I didn't like it, and quite honestly it scared me and along with everything else I wondered if I was living in my own country anymore. That's how it makes some people feel, because it so different to what we are used too.

Hang on, I didn't call anyone a bigot! I've no issue with having this discussion, you're being honest about your feelings, Nuttall struggles to be as clear, honest and eloquent.

For what it's worth, it could be that because I grew up and spent much of my teens in a very multi cultural area of Derby, I'm quite comfortable living among diverse life styles - I'm not saying you're not but it may help explain why I don't have the same 'my country' feeling as yourself. Honestly, I'd rather people didn't where the burka as I think it detracts from them as a human and makes people difficult to converse with but I'm not in to banning things because I don't like them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I am surprised that this scares you but fully accept your view on this.

However based on this should we have banned the clothing associated with being a mod, rocker, punk or skinhead given their link to violence, scaring some of the public and being shocking changes from the norm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
disappointing comments from Boris today. the election already seems to be degenerating to personal insult on Corbyn and Brexit. i dont think the public will care for a month of negative campaigning, they certainly didn't like it last June, reckon this could well backfire on the Conservatives if its all they've got. wheres the positive policy, what will they do to address everyday concerns?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
disappointing comments from Boris today. the election already seems to be degenerating to personal insult on Corbyn and Brexit. i dont think the public will care for a month of negative campaigning, they certainly didn't like it last June, reckon this could well backfire on the Conservatives if its all they've got. wheres the positive policy, what will they do to address everyday concerns?

Pathetic from Boris, like a child not getting attention. JC is useless but at least he stands by his beliefs, which is more than I can say for May.

Its so 1983 deja vous in so many ways right now, sadly not all to the positive. We have an authoritarian leader conning the working class they will be somehow be better off under the Tories, but without council houses to give away

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't stand Corbyn but yes stupid comments. Reminds me of people attacking Farage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here