General Election 2017

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well, the Corbyn soundbite tonight is "The war on terror isn't working".

Sounds like he has a cunning plan that just might involve a pot of tea for 2, and some cucumber sandwiches.

The only problem is that no agreement can be reached on whether

1. Its crusts on or off
2. White or Brown Bread
3. If Brown is it Wholemeal or Granary
4. Is Butter or Margarine
5. Tea Bag or Leaves
6. Which variety of tea
7. What is the brewing time of the tea
8. Milk or tea first into cup
9. Why no cakes

Also once there has been an agreement on the first 4 items, the Americans leak the details and the tea party is abandoned

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Sounds like he has a cunning plan that just might involve a pot of tea for 2, and some cucumber sandwiches.

We can thank our lucky stars ISIS hasn't got a political wing or our hero would be besties with them inviting them to the House of Commons tea room for those delicious snacks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only problem is that no agreement can be reached on whether

1. Its crusts on or off
2. White or Brown Bread
3. If Brown is it Wholemeal or Granary
4. Is Butter or Margarine
5. Tea Bag or Leaves
6. Which variety of tea
7. What is the brewing time of the tea
8. Milk or tea first into cup
9. Why no cakes

i got this: crusts on, organic granary, vegan butter, fair trade green tea from Vietnam, 3.5min brew, no milk obvs. there will be eccles cakes, for the union members, and they will jolly well be eaten.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Doesn't explain the ISIS murderous attacks on Belgium, Sweden, Bangladesh, Indonesia and elsewhere in the World, and particularlay against other sects of Islam.

ISIS simply hate, especially females who show any sign of independence, and we should never forget that.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/why-does-isis-hate-us-so-much-9664506.html

The War on Terror started, did it not, with Iraq? Even Tony Blair has partially (of course) admitted, that that war was to blame for the rise of isis.

It's all very funny laughing at JC and his ways, but if more people had been of the same opinion as him back then, who knows where we might be now?

“It will set off a spiral of conflict, of hate, of misery, of desperation that will fuel the wars, the conflict, the terrorism, the depression and the misery of future generations.”

I have found JC to be generally a bit useless. On this though, I think he is/was spot on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The War on Terror started, did it not, with Iraq? Even Tony Blair has partially (of course) admitted, that that war was to blame for the rise of isis.

It's all very funny laughing at JC and his ways, but if more people had been of the same opinion as him back then, who knows where we might be now?

“It will set off a spiral of conflict, of hate, of misery, of desperation that will fuel the wars, the conflict, the terrorism, the depression and the misery of future generations.”

I have found JC to be generally a bit useless. On this though, I think he is/was spot on.

3m people marched on London against the Iraq war but voters this voted back in 2 years later.

JC is gonna take a lot of stick today and get accused of politicising this weeks events, but lets face it he hasn't changed his tune. And yes for once, he is spot on, the west's (and Russia more recently) meddling has only fuelled the fire

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

No it didn’t start with Iraq. This is fake history to push the agenda that the flawed war with Iraq makes the war against terror flawed.
The history is perfectly transparent here. Bush declared war on terror shortly after 9/11, before Afghanistan and well before Iraq. You could even argue the terror war started when Bin laden gave his announcement of a Declaration of War in 1996.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No it didn’t start with Iraq. This is fake history to push the agenda that the flawed war with Iraq makes the war against terror flawed.
The history is perfectly transparent here. Bush declared war on terror shortly after 9/11, before Afghanistan and well before Iraq. You could even argue the terror war started when Bin laden gave his announcement of a Declaration of War in 1996.

Yes, you're right about Afghanistan. Iraq was a calamitous showpiece for the War on Terror then. Horribly flawed, so much so that even one of it's main architects grudgingly admits it 'might' have caused us some blowback.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
d2f41b9f7ac2e8a32cb27a253d57c723.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, you're right about Afghanistan. Iraq was a calamitous showpiece for the War on Terror then. Horribly flawed, so much so that even one of it's main architects grudgingly admits it 'might' have caused us some blowback.

Im glad you are now informed and will drop the lie that the war on terror started with Iraq.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

ISIS attack France (Bataclan) whom were actually bitterly opposed to the Iraq War. They also attack Belgium (airport), Sweden, Germany (Berlin Xmas), Tunisia, India (Mumbai) to name others out of so many.....and against other Muslims too in Pakistan, Syria, Iraq, Bali, in fact I actually struggle to think of areas that have not been hit by ISIS...they have targeted Australia (Sydney siege) only really South America comes to my mind.

Corbyn is so wrong about this and he is making a mistake linking the Iraq war (which was under Labour's watch!) to what happened on Monday...

Also the war on terror (phrase coined by George W Bush) goes back further than the Iraq War (2003)...9/11 was in 2001

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looks like a lot of people have the answer to the world's issues around terror? Care to share?

Patience
Sound like Jeremy will reveal his alternative today to the war on terror which he says doesnt work.
Lets wait and see what his proposal is.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
ISIS attack France (Bataclan) whom were actually bitterly opposed to the Iraq War. They also attack Belgium (airport), Sweden, Germany (Berlin Xmas), Tunisia, India (Mumbai) to name others out of so many.....and against other Muslims too in Pakistan, Syria, Iraq, Bali, in fact I actually struggle to think of areas that have not been hit by ISIS...they have targeted Australia (Sydney siege) only really South America comes to my mind.

Corbyn is so wrong about this and he is making a mistake linking the Iraq war (which was under Labour's watch!) to what happened on Monday...

Also the war on terror (phrase coined by George W Bush) goes back further than the Iraq War (2003)...9/11 was in 2001

er, yes, I realise that, which is why I refer to Blair admitting that the Iraq war contributed to the rise of ISIS. Tony Blair for ****'s sake!

To suggest that because France were opposed to Iraq then they wouldn't be targeted by ISIS, which I think is that you're saying, might work if ISIS did things in a relatively logical way, but they're complete loons. No rule book applies to them.

The Iraq war contributed to the rise of ISIS so how can it not be linked to what we are seeing today?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Literally the only politician talking sense when it comes to terrorism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Literally the only politician talking sense when it comes to terrorism.

Corbyn fails to take into account the Islamic terrorist attacks on Belgium, Sweden, Chad, Cameroon, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and it goes on. Their genocide and rape of Kurds, Shia muslims, minority Arab tribes in the Middle East. Their hate for anyone in the world that doesn't go along with their way of thinking, their suppression and rape of women.

Again, this article in the non-right wing Independent explains all:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/why-does-isis-hate-us-so-much-9664506.html

The terrorists and Daesh are fascists. They live by the gun and bomb. Their very selective allegiance to Islam, is just a banner for these fascist murderes to gather unde.

Corbyn's peaceful and blame stance would only hinder the global fight.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Voting Lib Dem as we have a very good local MP who has worked hard for the community over a period of 20 years.

Surprised at the number proposing to vote Labour in view of Diane Abbot's and Corbyn's recent performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here