Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whilst that is no doubt true, much of this is of course due to the fact that we cannot stop immigration due to our membership of the EU, as you know full well, hence the majority vote to leave this organisation, or at least one of the reasons. The point is that the whistle-blower wrote that a deliberate and calculated decision was taken so as to wind up those who would oppose such a move, which brings into the equation a worrying element.

So why bother setting targets as the Tories did when they came to power? Even now we are no clearer about future net migration. It all depends on the deal or no deal struck with the EU which, in turn, depends on the Election. Labour may - or may not - have had nefarious reasons for increasing immigration. It's this chaps hotly disputed word basically. On the other hand the Tories have set and failed to meet targets and have, as their leader, someone who was strongly pro Remain, Why should they be trusted any more?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm having a great day thanks, particularly on this thread!

Have a good day, carry on trying to back up the claim that a Miliband jetset politician said that labour encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists.
Priceless!

OK, define precisely the difference between "rubbing the Right’s nose in diversity" and "putting one over on the racists". To all intents and purposes they are in fact pretty much the same thing.
You can stop digging when we stop laughing!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Oh dear oh dear! I pity your desperation! A politician doesn't have to be an MP or a minister - policy advisers are also politicians, and the relevant source has been quoted. Even if you choose to pretend otherwise.

Would like to borrow my spare spade?

Oh dear oh dear! I pity your lack of sources and/or understanding.

Right now the ghost of Tony Blair’s dead cat slowly moving its paw from beyond the grave in a manner to indicate that labour encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists would be sufficient.

Even Nigel Farage himself wouldn't make such a claim!

Jan 30, 2008
the writings on the wall folks , YOU CAN SAFELY SAY THAT A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE NEAR 5 MILLION THAT VOTED UKIP last time around will be putting a X against the tory candidate add on A LOAD OF FED UP LABOUR voters and you're left with Tim Farron !!!
regards
DR

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Priceless!

OK, define precisely the difference between "rubbing the Right’s nose in diversity" and "putting one over on the racists". To all intents and purposes they are in fact pretty much the same thing.
You can stop digging when we stop laughing!

Because this policy (if it did exist) i.e. to encourage mass immigration and multiculturalism, and possibly, as this ex adviser sensed, in the process rub the rights nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date (lets use the full quote), is not the same as a policy to encourage mass uncontrolled immigration to get one over racists.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because this policy (if it did exist) i.e. to encourage mass immigration and multiculturalism, and possibly, as this ex adviser sensed, in the process rubbing the rights nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date (lets use the full quote), is not the same as a policy to encourage mass uncontrolled immigration to get one over racists.

OK, you can stop digging. I've stopped laughing now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not that surprising to me. Many people who may have voted Lib Dem (not maybe hard Lib Dem-ers, but people who sometimes tactically voted Lib Dem, mainly to tactically vote against the Tories) felt betrayed by the power mad Lib Dem leadership jumping into bed with the Tories in 2010 and vowed that they would never ever vote Lib Dem again - and thousands of them (us) won't; it won't be a case of punishing them for an election or two - never means never. That is a substantial trenche of potential voters the Lib Dems have lost for ever.
Secondly, their second referendum position might not be the vote-winner they think it will be; many people who voted remain have accepted the outcome of the referendum and are more concerned now with getting on with it rather than trying to re-write history.

I agree with that. If you look at the results in my neck of the woods in both Bexhill & Battle and Hastings & Rye in 2015 to the results in 2010, people would have voted UKIP in 2015 who voted Lib Dem in 2010, especially so in Bexhill and Battle. They're not going to be voting Lib Dem in great numbers this time anymore than they did in 2015. Labour will pick up a few of those voters due to the candidates, The Lib Dems a little as well for the same reason, but the bulk of it will go the Conservatives way.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
TORY Ben Houchen will be the first mayor of the Tees Valley (an area made up of heartland Labour seats in Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, and Stockton-on-Tees).

Blimey.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very interesting result in Scotland - The SNP have lost Dundee to no overall control. That is SNP heartland, big time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TORY Ben Houchen will be the first mayor of the Tees Valley (an area made up of heartland Labour seats in Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, and Stockton-on-Tees).

Blimey.

Labour have also lost Derbyshire, where they have been the largest party for almost 36 years, and also lost Glasgow.

As much as I've had a pop at the Tories today surely this MUST be ringing alarm bells in Castle Corbyn? The bloke is utterly, utterly unelectable.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Bad news for Labour. I'd like Corbyn to go, but I suppose there's isn't time for that now. At least a competent leader might appear after the election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Closer to home: Tories GAIN EAST SUSSEX from NOC

CON 30 (+8)
LDEM 11 (+2)
Ind 5 (+1)
LAB 4 (-3)
UKIP 0 (-8)

UKIP done and dusted in Kent and East Sussex. A few still to declare in West Sussex, but nothing there either.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Labour have also lost Derbyshire, where they have been the largest party for almost 36 years, and also lost Glasgow.

As much as I've had a pop at the Tories today surely this MUST be ringing alarm bells in Castle Corbyn? The bloke is utterly, utterly unelectable.
He won't hear them - what with his fingers in his ears and la-la-laing. UKIP have retained 0.76% of their seats. Liberals still getting a kicking. Looks like a coronation for a woman doing a poor impression of Thatcher. Still, at least she is strong and stable. :ffsparr:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So far, the TORIES seem to be doing surprisingly well in SCOTLAND too:

SNP 258 (-17)
CON 188 (+103)
LAB 146 (-68)
IN 129 (-14)
LDEM 44 (-4)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Labour about to lose County Durham.
Conservatives are the bigger party than The SNP in Aberdeenshire.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
UKIP done and dusted in Kent and East Sussex. A few still to declare in West Sussex, but nothing there either.

Kent and East Sussex? Try everywhere.

4.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here