Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Then you assume wrong.

Then I assume you think it's OK for Corbyn to support the IRA?
And I assume you think Diane Abbot knows exactly how to add up the figures for Labours policy for Police recruitment?

Corbyn spoke to the Ira, recognising that part of their grievance that was legitimate. Thatcher had contact with the Ira, so did John major. Given that a peace accord was finally struck it seems Corbyn was on the right side of history here, as he was also about Iraq.
I suspect May cosying up to the Saudis and Fallon celebrating Assads election will not be judged so kindly by history.

You are right that Abbot made a Charlie of herself,but that doesn't mean Labours figures don't add up. You'd hope that for a rational man that would be a lesser worry than a government that has missed every economic target it has ever set itself, or continues to use figures about nhs and education spending that the ons has repeatedly asked it not to because they are essentially false. Or having a pm who as home secretary decided not to renew the NHSs computer security, though she may have been distracted by losing 119 reports into historic allegations of child abuse by the ruling classes.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Corbyn spoke to the Ira, recognising that part of their grievance that was legitimate. Thatcher had contact with the Ira, so did John major. Given that a peace accord was finally struck it seems Corbyn was on the right side of history here, as he was also about Iraq.
I suspect May cosying up to the Saudis and Fallon celebrating Assads election will not be judged so kindly by history.

You are right that Abbot made a Charlie of herself,but that doesn't mean Labours figures don't add up. You'd hope that for a rational man that would be a lesser worry than a government that has missed every economic target it has ever set itself, or continues to use figures about nhs and education spending that the ons has repeatedly asked it not to because they are essentially false. Or having a pm who as home secretary decided not to renew the NHSs computer security, though she may have been distracted by losing 119 reports into historic allegations of child abuse by the ruling classes.

Oh come on...we all know Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser and even arrested at an IRA sympathy protest in 1986!
And you believe this person should be running the country???
Don't bother with the he just had contact with them rubbish...he sympathises with an organisation that murders British people!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

nail head

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Tory attack on disability benefits has been one of the most reprehensible things I think I can recall since Clause 28 and if there was any chance of a credible Labour leader then I'd break a habit of a lifetime to support the Labour Party but I just can't vote for Corbyn and McDonnell. They are so beyond the pale and I hope that after this election that they go quickly and quietly so that Labour can rebuild.

What I find really galling is the bonanza enjoyed by the outsourcing companies who do the assessments. Each time they carry out one of these assessments they recieve a fee. I've already been declared
unfit for work twice by ATOS and face yet another assessment later this year. My condition is incurable & gradually getting worse yet these tossers are cashing in on me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Tory attack on disability benefits has been one of the most reprehensible things I think I can recall since Clause 28 and if there was any chance of a credible Labour leader then I'd break a habit of a lifetime to support the Labour Party but I just can't vote for Corbyn and McDonnell. They are so beyond the pale and I hope that after this election that they go quickly and quietly so that Labour can rebuild.

Tories on disabilities, they are still the nasty party and May knows it

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/15/there...-who-had-her-disability-benefits-cut-6638965/

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Oh come on...we all know Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser and even arrested at an IRA sympathy protest in 1986!
And you believe this person should be running the country???
Don't bother with the he just had contact with them rubbish...he sympathises with an organisation that murders British people!

No he sympathised with the cause and advocated unity by consent. Without engagement by the likes of him there would never have been the swell in support for a political solution which eventually led to peace.
Besides this is in the past. In the present we have a leader who supports the hounding to death of the disabled and the poor at a net expense to the taxpayer though great profit to the private sector.
The reforms to the NHS to enable privatisation (swallowing £2billion pa in extra administrative costs with no evidence of providing any savings elsewhere) is causing 30000 extra deaths per year.
You can disagree with his stance on Northern Ireland but of the two only one has acted out of concern for their fellow man.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the real manifesto is out and its fully costed... except its not. they reckon they'll get 19bn from corporation tax raising it to 21%, 24 then 26% over the next 3 years, trouble is current corp tax at 19% is ~44bn. *

and McDonnell doesnt know how much the current deficit is, guessed at a completely wrong number a la Abbott. im sure it'll be fine for him to run the finances.

but they'll build BML2, so thats nice.

* anyone good at looking through the politics to the numbers... are they counting the revenue over the whole parliament, while counting the costs per year? example, cost of removing 1% pay cap £4bn, which would be a per year figure, right? 19bn over 5 years might add up.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Think again- That money is earmarked for the NHS

The free trade deal with New Zealand money then? Either way, we're the 5th largest economy in the world and we can afford it, just like Brexit

I don't understand the scrutiny and scepticism for Labour's sums - The British people have had enough of experts.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Y image.png
Here's the answer

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the manifesto speech and a master stroke bringing Martin in to speak..................................... waits in for may to make a copy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I like a lot of those policies...renationalise stuff, more pension payment, more money for schools, no university fees...it's brilliant. NHS Gets more money Who cares where the money comes from?

Tax second home owners a random 100k a year...they won't be able to afford it..social housing becomes available.
Tax fat cats ..all bankers pay 100% tax on their bonus
Tax rich people...everyone earning over 60k a year pays 60% income tax
Scrap trident.
Keep on the private companies suppliying the NHS with expertise ...this is a personal matter so needs to be done.
Tax people going on holiday
Tax people with cars
Tax people who shop at Waitrose/ M&S
Tax Chinese people who but up property and not live in them
Don't pay anymore money to Europe

This sounds just brilliant.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Personally I like a lot of those policies...renationalise stuff, more pension payment, more money for schools, no university fees...it's brilliant. NHS Gets more money Who cares where the money comes from?

Tax second home owners a random 100k a year...they won't be able to afford it..social housing becomes available.
Tax fat cats ..all bankers pay 100% tax on their bonus
Tax rich people...everyone earning over 60k a year pays 60% income tax
Scrap trident.
Keep on the private companies suppliying the NHS with expertise ...this is a personal matter so needs to be done.
Tax people going on holiday
Tax people with cars
Tax people who shop at Waitrose/ M&S
Tax Chinese people who but up property and not live in them
Don't pay anymore money to Europe

This sounds just brilliant.

Sounds great, but it will only be you, me and a few shop-doorway dwellers left in the country - and I'm not paying £45bn in tax......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here