Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The most telling interview tonight was not JC's but Michael Fallon on C4, went off on one condemning Corbyn's remarks about the Arab war etc before Krishnan nicely stitched him up by saying they are actually your Foreign Secretary's comments.

Total and utter car crash , not fit for office at all.

[tweet]868182862415228929[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Further to your response, I have already pointed out right leaning political commentators have implied Corbyn held his own, including those from the Sunday Times and Telegraph, for example.

And as a follow-up, you didn't point out any political commentators, the tweets you listed were copied wholesale from The Guardian's coverage. You missed one out though - presumably just an oversight and not because it doesn't suit your agenda.

[tweet]868171865910542336[/tweet]

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
And as a follow-up, you didn't point out any political commentators, the tweets you listed were copied wholesale from The Guardian's coverage. You missed one out though - presumably just an oversight and not because it doesn't suit your agenda.

The majority of those tweets were from political commentators / journalists.

And of course I only posted tweets that indicated a lot of journalists made relatively positive comments about Corbyn ... as that was the whole point of my post.

I could equally find many tweets from journalists ripping into Corbyn, and there were many, but that's not relevant to the point I was making.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't lead. No authority. Failed experiment.

I wouldn't vote for Corbyn in any further leadership election, there needs to be a leader who has authority and can actually lead. The experiment has failed at great costs to people's lives

Or May.

What a choice.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
df9h50.jpg

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

The Labour Party under Blair was unrecognisable to what the Labour party was originally formed and stood for. Blair was clearly a red tory and worked for the establishment/other interests to push agendas (look at the positions he got rewarded with afterwards) and is the "Godfather" to Rupert Murdochs Son. If that doesn't send alarm bells ringing... He even had the audacity to re brand the party as "New Labour" - To compare that same party with the reformed Labour party Corbyn has put together is very unfair. They are worlds apart!

Clearing out the Blairites and career politicians from the Labour party, who were there just to ride the gravy train or to further other interests is a huge step forward. Corbyn deserves respect for that alone.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Labour Party under Blair was unrecognisable to what the Labour party was originally formed and stood for. Blair was clearly a red tory and worked for the establishment/other interests to push agendas (look at the positions he got rewarded with afterwards) He even had the audacity to re brand the party as "New Labour" To compare that same party with the reformed Labour party Corbyn has put together is very unfair. They are worlds apart!

Clearing out the Blairites and career politicians from the Labour party, who were there just to ride the gravy train or other interests is a huge step forward. Corbyn deserves respect for that alone.

Blair got elected 3 times on the trot (apologies for the pun) after 4 consecutive defeats for Labour - what a ******* eh?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Blair got elected 3 times on the trot (apologies for the pun) after 4 consecutive defeats for Labour - what a ******* eh?

Lots of people are realising just how sucked in they were by Blair. He had very strong backing by the Murdoch empire/Bush family/Wall street etc and in turn the mainstream media. He was essentially a shill in my eyes and his focus certainly wasn't on home politics or the traditional Labour party. JC has gone out of his way to try clear the ship and suffered a fair bit as a result! My point is the current Labour party under Corbyn are far more at the roots of what the party was formed for than the crazy trip Blair and co turned the Labour party in to.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nice to see Corbyn " going big on hope " we wouldn't get much hope from Theresa ...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nice to see Corbyn " going big on hope " we wouldn't get much hope from Theresa ...

On the plus side she hasn't sided with terrorists and voted against anti terrorist legislation for three decades including opposing the 2006 Terrorism Bill, which outlawed the glorification of terrorism, cracking down on jihadists attending terror training camps and prohibited the circulation of terrorist publications.

Still, it's all about prioritising stuff that really matters isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here