Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Out of interest, two months in, just 22 months to go, how are the Brexit talks going?

Actually, we don't need talks because Brexit will lead to...

Food 17 per cent cheaper
£200 monthly cost of living reduction for average family
Additional wage rises
NHS and doctors' waiting lists shortened
The country becoming much wealthier because of all the trade deals we'll do
£350m saved to use on our 'own people'
An avoidance of... risking VAT on food and children's clothing, the NHS being privatised, the NHS collapsing, wages being depressed, Turkey joining the EU and EU income tax being introduced.

What's to talk about? As the Brexit boys have explained, all the good things ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. Hurrah!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Food 17 per cent cheaper
Additional wage rises
An avoidance of... risking VAT on food and children's clothing, the NHS being privatised, the NHS collapsing, wages being depressed, Turkey joining the EU and EU income tax being introduced.

What's to talk about? As the Brexit boys have explained, all the good things ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. Hurrah!

I don't recall the "Brexit boys" stating these "facts", more likely ones you have dreamt up in your head.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And I hope you enjoy the unfettered right wing agenda which is about to be delivered.

Guardian described the manifesto as a throwback to 70s, comparing May to Ted Heath. other than the (daft) immigration policy its all quite fettered.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfettered right wing agenda? Guaranteeing workers rights (and extending them), big increases in NHS spending (matching Labour promises), state interference in the energy market, going after wealthy pensioners etc.

Time for another name change .. The Conservative and Unionist workers party? :D

Are Tories the workers' party? Labour polling figures suggest they are

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...party-labour-polling-figures-suggest-they-are

I've heard all this caring sharing One Nation nonsense before....many times. All in it together? May herself flip-flops regularly. So do her team. They have no track record on any of this, in fact quite the opposite, so why should anyone believe them?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't recall the "Brexit boys" stating these "facts", more likely ones you have dreamt up in your head.

On the plus side the hardcore Remainers are now down to 22% with the vast majority accepting the Government has a duty to carry out the majorities wishes and leave the EU.

The poor old Lib Dems cynical gamble on a bigger proportion of the UK population having a similar contempt for democracy appears to have failed. The Great British Public right again.

:wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You want to reply to an insult but not to the two posts that highlighted your figures as highly misleading ?

According to the secondary and updated reports from The National Audit Office the bail out could have been as high as 960bn which does not deal with or add to the figure for the implementing costs of the 'Reform act' which was brought in so a further crisis was not possible. This is quoted as to being between 10 and 15 bn.
As for Lloyds . Well the tax payer brought shares to the tune of over 20bn and are losing on that deal. Not all that debt above has accrued through the Tory government but it changes my sentiments not one jot. So 1.2 Trillion to the banks since 2007.

We'll do Trident later Westdene. This is why I do simpleton insults first.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
big increases in NHS spending (matching Labour promises),

£8bn over the term of the next Parliament, so on average £1.6bn a year, which is probably not enough to to upgrade the outdated computer systems. Also they are getting more elderly people to pay for care, if they receive it home.

Is this really supporting the NHS ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't think I have ever seen so many ludicrous posts from the Corbynistas.
Please, please, after the election, will sensible Labour supporters and MP's somehow get rid of this clown and start rebuilding a party that can become a respected HM Opposition.
I am speaking as a Tory voter.

All the sensible labour voters buggered off to UKIP and now over to the Tories.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On the plus side the hardcore Remainers are now down to 22% with the vast majority accepting the Government has a duty to carry out the majorities wishes and leave the EU.

The poor old Lib Dems cynical gamble on a bigger proportion of the UK population having a similar contempt for democracy appears to have failed. The Great British Public right again.

:wink:
The government does have a duty to carry out the Brexit majorities wishes. It's just that the government has forgotten what they were now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tripe...

Poor People.... Taking food out of the mouths of school children

That's off the top of my head... explain the tripe in that?

EDIT: forgot to mention the pensioners losing their winter fuel allowance ...

Tripe 1. I haven't actually seen any photographic images of food being actually TAKEN out of the mouths of children (but Labour just loves to paint a picture that does not actually exist)

Tripe 2. May has declared her PERSONAL view on fox hunting and proposed a FREE vote in Parliament. I am against fox hunting but do not put words into the mouths of others, unlike others.

Tripe 3. Pickpocketing pensioners? Hardly. Removal of the guaranteed minimum of a 2.5% rise annually whilst still retaining the other criteria for the double lock.

Jezza claimed the means testing of the winter fuel allowance would HIT 10 million people, HIT in what way? The fact that people would be assessed upon need? The fact that people like Elton John would no longer get the £300? Two members of my extended family receive the winter heating allowance but do not need it at all. Maybe this money could be used to finance others in REAL need, but Labour just sit and snipe from the sidelines in the full knowledge that they would just fritter money away and fxxk things up like they always have done.

Tripe, from Labour? Utter boxxocks more like.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Food 17 per cent cheaper
Additional wage rises

You forget to mention, that the sun will never set on the Empire, there will be a Policeman on every street corner, trains will run on time, there will be a community spirit in every town and village as people all gather in the one house in the street that has a TV, goods will be sold in lbs & ozs, petrol will be sold in gallons and as an added bonus petrol coupons will be needed. 3 day cricket will return to the Championship, and if England need a new fast bowler they will just call down a pit.

Surprised everyone is not dancing in the street already.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
According to the secondary and updated reports from The National Audit Office the bail out could have been as high as 960bn

you mean the same NAO that published this albeit out of date report? which states (page 4)
Of the total support, £123.93 billion was provided in the form of loans or share purchases, which required a transfer of cash from the Government to the banks

the only way you get to 960Bn is by counting the financial support offered as gurantees, which were never called upon. the sale of Lloyds has lead to a small net profit and a small loss is expected on RBS, offsetting fees (and dividends).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
you mean the same NAO that published this albeit out of date report? which states (page 4)

the only way you get to 960Bn is by counting the financial support offered as gurantees, which were never called upon. the sale of Lloyds has lead to a small net profit and a small loss is expected on RBS, offsetting fees (and dividends).

'Albeit out of date' ....... damn you were so close.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
£8bn over the term of the next Parliament, so on average £1.6bn a year, which is probably not enough to to upgrade the outdated computer systems. Also they are getting more elderly people to pay for care, if they receive it home.

Is this really supporting the NHS ?

Its roughly the same amount Labour said they will spend on the NHS according to the IFS so the answer is probably yes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to the secondary and updated reports from The National Audit Office the bail out could have been as high as 960bn which does not deal with or add to the figure for the implementing costs of the 'Reform act' which was brought in so a further crisis was not possible. This is quoted as to being between 10 and 15 bn.
As for Lloyds . Well the tax payer brought shares to the tune of over 20bn and are losing on that deal. Not all that debt above has accrued through the Tory government but it changes my sentiments not one jot. So 1.2 Trillion to the banks since 2007.

We'll do Trident later Westdene. This is why I do simpleton insults first.

Thank you for supplying facts to destroy the ill informed lies.

In addition Labour left for the coalition an ANNUAL budget deficit of £152b (i.e.the public sector as an economic entity was haemorrhaging that per annum), adding year on year to the £960b national debt dumped on the country by Labour. It was £347b when Labour came to power.

The run away train of collosal annual budget deficits has been greatly reduced since with much pain for the UK, but future generations will continue to pay the cost.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did not see many apprentices come through in the 13 years that Labour were in power. Where did they invest in the youngsters, must have missed it.

Apprenticeships rarely means the same thing anymore. It means a cheap/cheapened workforce. You rarely see trades advertising for apprenticeships but two adverts I saw recently were for an "apprentice office administrator" - tidying up the stationary cupboard, photocopying and taking the post round does NOT need an apprenticeship. And another for "apprentice customer service agent" at some garden centre. Shopworker basically.

The Tories are not going to help the young.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfettered right wing agenda? Guaranteeing workers rights (and extending them), big increases in NHS spending (matching Labour promises), state interference in the energy market, going after wealthy pensioners etc.

Time for another name change .. The Conservative and Unionist workers party? :D

Are Tories the workers' party? Labour polling figures suggest they are

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...party-labour-polling-figures-suggest-they-are

The Tory party will not deliver on any of these promises. You know it, I know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here