Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Royal Sussex County what's that new building going up. Mum, brother, wife have been treated really well.

A temporary hospital is being built now, the staff will move out, the existing hospital will be pulled down (i believe some of the frontage is listed and will stay) and a new one built in it's place.

This afternoon/ evening I have been out in North Portslade ensuring households who have registered to vote by post have received their notifications. In truth, I think the main winner is apathy. Lib Dem, UKIP & Green voters are as rare as hens with teeth; a former Labour stronghold is seeing the Labour vote wither away & the Tories gaining some votes. Will it be enough for them - who knows - but with 7 million eligible voters who have until midnight to register, I suspect the don't care/can't be bothered to vote will unfortunately be the winners ..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You wouldn't vote for him to be leader, so presumably you wouldn't vote for him to be Prime Minister...

I wouldn't vote for Corbyn in any further leadership election, there needs to be a leader who has authority and can actually lead. The experiment has failed at great costs to people's lives

Corbyn: no authority and can't lead. As said by one of his own.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Love it, May is getting 5 minutes of what Jeremy has been getting for months!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's a shame so many are thinking about making the mistake I've made in the past and deciding not to vote

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Next PM
Nex.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
90,000 18-24 year old's registered to vote yesterday on top of the 700,000 since this election was called.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it's safe to say now we know why Linton Crosby has not allowed her to do any leaders debates

Talk about " Stuck on repeat " .... I think that we learned nothing whatsoever about future Tory policy, she's relying on getting her majority and then the "fun "will start. Lord knows what she has up her sleeve.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Talk about " Stuck on repeat " .... I think that we learned nothing whatsoever about future Tory policy, she's relying on getting her majority and then the "fun "will start. Lord knows what she has up her sleeve.

Being called a liar by other politicians shows a great deal about trust, who could trust her now ? , wouldn't say where the extra £8billion for the NHS was coming from either

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can't wait for Neil to ask Corbyn about the need for Labour to borrow 250 billion to enact all their freebies they are giving us.

Labour being disingenuous about the true cost of their policies.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

He could just swerve the question............or say Diane did the calculations.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
THERESA MAY:
"Remain. No. Wait. Leave."
"No election. No. Wait. Election."
"Care costs. No. Wait. Costs cap."
"Strong and stable. No. Wait."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't wait for Neil to ask Corbyn about the need for Labour to borrow 250 billion to enact all their freebies they are giving us.

At least they added costs to their manifesto, you can read where they believe they are getting that money from...even if you don't believe they are true, they are there. Please point me to the page where the Tories have costed theirs?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Costed manifesto with 4 billion written in for contingency versus totally uncosted Tory manifesto.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Been Red all of my life, but anyone voting this way right now needs to take a deep breath and step back.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

There are just as many "Diane Abbotts" in the Tory Party, just look at Boris FFS! I personally generally dislike the women (although I think her hearts in the right place on certain issues) but would trust her overall integrity over Boris' any day of the week! No matter how daft she comes across sometimes...

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here