Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Terrible Labour Party, will never vote for them ever again, they really messed this country up. Labour need free movement, because it's the only sodding votes they will get. Fooled once never again.

Labour did some very good things for this country and has never got the credit. To name but a few - longest sustained period of growth, invested in education (turned London's schools around) invested in health ( lowest waiting lists since records began); new deal for work, sure start, introduced the minimum wage, Introduced Devolution; peace in Northern Ireland, introduced paternity leave, repealed Section 28 and introduced civil partnerships, freedom of information,. Smoking banned in public places, free entry to museums, introduced winter fuel payments etc.etc.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
why have you invented a new policy. "...a form of identification must be presented before voting". nothing about a new form of identification, there's plenty of other forms, like all those accepted for opening bank accounts for example.

I haven't invented a new policy, thanks - a new form of ID being introduced was suggested by someone else, not me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah bloody Labour, without them we'd be pure bred Anglo Saxon, a master race.
I'd get your own house in order before you start accusing any other party of racism. Something like 93% of Jews will be voting Tory this time around.

What was that on the Labour Manifesto "For the many... Not the Jew"

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm glad they've clamped down on feeding poor people's schoolkids. Their parents get enough free grub from the food banks.

Stick 'em up chimneys ..... the lazy proles.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I am aware of a book written that makes this claim, but I also loved this reply to it which I will copy and paste here

"Really interesting analysis, thank you Richard! I am very surprised the figures tell such an unequivocal story – and that Labour hasn’t picked up on this before.

To check the (somewhat disingenuous) argument that your analysis is skewed by the Conservatives having to borrow because of deficits inherited from Labour and Labour free-riding on hard-won Conservative surpluses – could you give a statistic of how often each party has inherited surpluses or deficits, and what they add up to?

It might be difficult to quantify how long the lag between a government’s policies being implemented and their effect being measurable might be. Are the numbers altered if instead of counting each election year towards the party that held government for most of it, you always count it towards the incumbent? What if you count the first year of a new government towards the stats of the previous one? Of course if you consider too long a lag period, the analysis will become meaningless, as policies may take different amounts of time to take effect, but if most of the Conservatives’ borrowing or Labour’s saving occured in their latter years in government, that would really strengthen your case.

I would love to see if there is any support for the idea of the Conservatives having to clear up Labour’s mess when you also consider government changes other than 2010."

To which Richard the author replied. No time, sorry.

SO Maybe you can take up the fight and explain the stats and facts behind your comment.

Does make you wonder why the Labour party have not picked up on this and sung it from the rooftops. Maybe the current Labour leadership is even more incompetent than we give them credit for.

Well cherry picked.
If you look at all the authors replies he does his analysis with various time periods and with and without PFI and labour continues to win.
Now you can believe that in any given Parliament a Conservative government would have outperformed a Labour one or that Labour would have done worse than the conservatives. There is no evidence to back this assertion which is why it is your belief, and while there is a strong narrative from the press to reinforce it your belief is only marginally more rational than a belief in unicorns.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
And yet again nothing to say about the policies or the manifesto, just sneering, scaremongering just like the Tory MP,s.
Apart from means testing the winter fuel (but Tory means testing means if you have less than 10p) it's all hit the poor again.
After years of failure on immigration figures they are saying it again, unbelievable, is anyone really gullible enough to believe that they will do any of this after June 8th.
So far the manifesto is weak.
I know it's all a sad state of affairs but another 5 years of this nasty, lying, weak government sends shivers down my spine.
The only laughable thing is your protection of this shambles of a Government.
Not protecting anything, just deriding the deluded view that JC is the saviour.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2hex6x2.jpg

https://antisemitism.uk/jeremy-corb...d-imsweatingmorethan-a-jew-at-a-cash-machine/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stick to being irritating on music threads instead of mixing with intelligent people here

I can't remember handing over the baton of "ultimate arbiter of who can post where" to anyone, let alone you.

If I were you, I'd not be telling people where they can post. Assuming you wish to keep on posting yourself anyway...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Labour did some very good things for this country and has never got the credit. To name but a few - longest sustained period of growth, invested in education (turned London's schools around) invested in health ( lowest waiting lists since records began); new deal for work, sure start, introduced the minimum wage, Introduced Devolution; peace in Northern Ireland, introduced paternity leave, repealed Section 28 and introduced civil partnerships, freedom of information,. Smoking banned in public places, free entry to museums, introduced winter fuel payments etc.etc.

New Labour (Tory) gave the country:

Unregulated soft touch supervision of the City leading to the Banking Crisis.

£100b's of 'off balance sheet' debt in PFI contracts paying for hospitals and schools we couldn't afford, saddling NHS trusts with huge debts out of their annual budgets for decades. Read the Guardian articles about this.

The unnecessary slaying of British servicemen in Iraq.

Deliberately opening the gates to endless millions of migrants, without planning for roads, new schools, GP and hospital places. Causing the housing crisis and massive increase in property prices.

Signing the Treaty of Lisbon in 2007, strengthening the power of Strasbourg and the Council, over sovereign parliaments. With the immigration/housing crisis, ultimately this led to majority of Brits voting for Brexit.

The introduction of tuition fees.

A raft of stealth taxes, including the multi billion pound raid per annum on pension schemes with the abolition of ACT.

The rich poor gap rose markedly. Not disputed by economists or parties.

Wage suppression, particular for lower paid with unbridled net immigration. Something Trade Union leaders and Corbyn had spoken about in the past, hence their lack of interest in Remain.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
New Labour (Tory) gave the country:

Unregulated soft touch supervision of the City leading to the Banking Crisis.

£100b's of 'off balance sheet' debt in PFI contracts paying for hospitals and schools we couldn't afford, saddling NHS trusts with huge debts out of their annual budgets for decades. Read the Guardian articles about this.

The unnecessary slaying of British servicemen in Iraq.

Deliberately opening the gates to endless millions of migrants, without planning for roads, new schools, GP and hospital places. Causing the housing crisis and massive increase in property prices.

Signing the Treaty of Lisbon in 2007, strengthening the power of Strasbourg and the Council, over sovereign parliaments. With the immigration/housing crisis, ultimately this led to majority of Brits voting for Brexit.

The introduction of tuition fees.

A raft of stealth taxes, including the multi billion pound raid per annum on pension schemes with the abolition of ACT.

The rich poor gap rose markedly. Not disputed by economists or parties.

Wage suppression, particular for lower paid with unbridled net immigration. Something Trade Union leaders and Corbyn had spoken about in the past, hence their lack of interest in Remain.

Gold, sold for sod all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here